Tchay's Modding Services ****NO LONGER IN SERVICE****

Tchay

Frequent Poster
Do to laziness and the fact that its nearly impossible to profit from this kind of thing, I am ending my services. If you have an ABSURD amount of money, then feel free to pm me and I'll consider it.

TCHAY'S MODDING SERVICES

Having built countless cases by hand, I am proficient in frankencasing to any degree.

Having cut countless gamecube motherboards, I am proficient in motherboard cutting.

MOBO SLIMMING POLICY
**Price is for LABOR only. Buyer assumes shipping and motherboard costs.
**Wiring means having wire extensions coming from the motherboard.
**It DOES NOT mean having all components wired to the board.
**In some cases I will be willing to wire up speakers/controller/wiikey/etc - it will cost extra usually

OMGWTF trim
Fully wired - $60 (power lines, memcard A, controller, DD vias, AV, grounds)
Partially Wired - $50 (All except DD via wiring)
Unwired - $40

Slim Trim
Fully wired - $40 (power lines, memcard A, controller, DD original pins, grounds)
Partially Wired - $35 (All except memcard A via wiring)
Unwired - $30

===========================================================================

CASEMAKING POLICY
- Case commissions can vary from patch up jobs to entire frankencases (such as the Ccube)
- For Vacuum forming, see below.
- Price can vary $60+ Its a tedious process and I won't do it for dirt cheap :p
- My frankencase method is identical to the "Hailrazer Method". Conisisting of ABS cement, Flex filler, and Bondo
- Unusual requests are encouraged
- Paintjob is included (unless otherwise specified)
- In the highly unlikely scenario that your case arrives and cracks/breaks/combusts - you will be refunded in full (I will be more than happy to fix anything within reason)
- Be patient with your commission!!! ABS cement can take up to 2 weeks to dry. Applying paint prior to this can cause bubbling.
- I can due precision cutting (button holes, screen, etc) - except for vent holes...I suck at those
- Standard commission procedures will be followed (regular updates, etc)
- I do not do vacuum formed cases but I can recommend Cdowning - his case work is excellent

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions :D

UPDATE
N64 case commission for Budnespid complete. He was VERY happy with it apparently.

Re: Tchays Case Making Service

UPDATE

Working on my very first commission :D All I can say for now.

**Updated policy as well.

UPDATE 3/5/11

I've completed my first case commission and the buyer has received their case.

Here's their feedback:

OHMYGODITSSOSEXY

Fantastic job man. I am in love with you and this case.

Pictures will be released upon buyer's permission.

Thats it for now. :tophat:

Go for it man. Ill be updating my work log soon with pictures of what I done.

Now for my personal review:

Communication: He was very consistent in returning my messages and he updated me with worthwhile progress reguraly. He only told me the important stuff and thats how I like it.

Speed of work: My commission was completed at the quoted time he said he would. He's a busy actor with lots of stuff going on, so it wasn't exactly done immediately, but I knew that when I commissioned him so it worked out fine.

Quality of work: I asked him to Frankencase a JB-55 from polycase with a gamecube dpad, analog stick hole, original start button, A+B and C buttons from a retro bit controller, psone shoulder buttons, and a custom cartridge slot. That is a lot work work, but he handled awesomely. Everything is completely smooth and sturdy. The screen hole he cut is also very straight also. I am very impressed at how smooth and level he got all this.

Price: He quoted me a price of $45 that was paid in two parts. (one before shipping and once upon arrival) In my opinion it is a great price for the amount of work that was done. He also did not charge me extra for the small parts like the gamecube controller parts, and the shoulder buttons that he used.

Tl;DR

Tchay is an amazing case maker that works in a timely manner with awesome prices and great customer service.

Heres how I do things...

ccube
fixed003.jpg

commission for bud
oowow.jpg

9yELz.jpg

Re: Tchay's Modding Services

I need a OMGWTF fully wired board with ffc spread-outer thing. PM me?

Back