Starting a Gamecube Portable. HELP!

I am soon embarking on a journey to build a gamecube portable 2, and could use some advice. To say the least, I am not totally inexperienced with electronics as I have some background, but there is still a bit that I don't know. I am attempting to replicate Shock Slayer's gamecube portable 2, or his ZN-45. Other than an LCD screen, a used gamecube I bought from gamestop, and several trips to radio shack while I am working on the project, is there anything else I would need (besides casing, I will work on that at the end) that I could easily access on either Amazon or ebay. Also any other helpful information would be appreciated.

There have been tons of advancements since the ZN-45 GCP. Advancements that make this easier.
For one thing, most modders would use a WODE or WiiKey Fusion modchip to bypass the disc drive.
Look at the Gamecube megasticky, there are tons of guides to help.
If it seems too hard, you should start with the easier portables, such as an NES/SNES, or N64.

Thank you for the advice. A little after I had posted the topic, I came across Shockslayer's/Kasar's Gamecube portable guide which is viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1654

I feel comfortable with this guide as it is labeled "GameCube Portable Guide, DUMB edition" and detailed to a level of my understanding. Therefore I shall use it as reference and have already begun disassembling the gamecube itself. One more question I do have, I know that in my previous post I had ignored a casing, but at this point I realize that I already have or have pre-ordered all of my materials besides the case. So, any suggestions for a case?

Back