Split-screen PC Games?

vskid3

I recently built a new gaming rig and have it hooked up to our 42" lcd. Now I'm trying to find some more games that my wife and I can both play. I know that the Lego: [insert movie] games and Portal 2 support split screen on PC, are there any others that anyone can recommend (besides emulators, of course)?

I think Rayman Origins is local co-op. Just look through Steam for games that are Local Co-Op or Local Multiplayer.

I believe you can do split screen on left 4 dead with a few mods or commands, google is your friend.

Zero said:
Just look through Steam for games that are Local Co-Op or Local Multiplayer.
Unfortunately, Steam doesn't specify the type of co-op, so most of the results are for LAN or online co-op. I did find this website, http://www.co-optimus.com/, which has all sorts of info about the co-op aspect of many games. I'll probably just have to google the specifics for getting individual games to work, I just wish there was a list of games that could do splitscreen, either stock or with mods.

It specifies, but unfortunately only on the page for the actual game. I thought it was a search parameter, but apparently not.

Anyway, I can see a lot more games implementing split screen/local multiplayer in the future though if the Steambox takes off.

Thinking through my steam library, here's a few:

Audiosurf - partial - Double vision is two player
Beat Hazard
Jamestown
Shank

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Pretty much any of the fighting games do
I'm fairly certain all of the classic Genesis games on Steam do as well

Even though the whole minecraft thing has passed, there is a mod that allows splitscreen.

The only other two I can think of are Worms and Castle Crashers

I believe any Source game can do it, just not out of the box.

It really is frustrating that the PC version of a console game usually loses splitscreen, especially with the widespread adoption of HTPCs and PCs connected to TVs. Hopefully the Steam Box will change that.

I hate it when they port a console game to PC and ditch split-screen.

Absolutely no reason at all why COD and UT3 don't have split-screen

Back