Something very odd I found at a Garage sale.

Thursty

SS's Preferred Refreshment
today while garage saling, I found a color of N64 I'd never seen before, A solid Red. Not Funtastic Fire Red, but Solid red, Like the controller.

I paid $10 for it, and it came with all the hookups and matching controller. After searching everywhere, I can't find one like it...Wtf?

From the front:
IMG_0162.jpg

The Jumper pak has never even been taken out:
IMG_0164.jpg

Bottom:
IMG_0165.jpg

Anyone know whats up with this?

I don't think its painted, as I tried opening it, and The screws have never been turned, and the jumper pak had never been take out..Very odd. I even scratched it to see if paint would chip off, but it did not.

That looks very painted to me. What the Heck do you mean the screws haven't been turned? Those are Phillips screws, obvious replacements... I don't see why you say the jumper pak was never removed. The plastic inside that cover is black too. It's a Dang good job, but it's not stock.

Bibin said:
That looks very painted to me. What the Heck do you mean the screws haven't been turned? Those are Phillips screws, obvious replacements... I don't see why you say the jumper pak was never removed. The plastic inside that cover is black too. It's a Dang good job, but it's not stock.
Inside which cover? the Jumper pak cover? Its Red xD The shadow from the overhead light makes it look black.

Plus, Bibin, I took those pictures after I had opened it.
Michaelthurston said:
as I tried opening it, and The screws have never been turned

I replace all my N64 screws with phillips. don't you know what I mean by "The Screws have never been turned"? you know when you turn a screw for the first time in years? It makes a cracking noise, And is hard to turn. It was like that.

What Bibin is saying is that there would be Nintendo screws in there, not Phillips.
And since there are phillips it was probably painted.
Plus, its very easy to take off that sticker on the jumper pack and put it back on later.

Argelfraster said:
What Bibin is saying is that there would be Nintendo screws in there, not Phillips.
And since there are phillips it was probably painted.
Plus, its very easy to take off that sticker on the jumper pack and put it back on later.
What Thursy is saying is that he took out the e-torx screws and put phillips in before he took those pictures.

Exactly what I was saying. :awesome:

Here bibin, I don't know if this is what you were talking about, but it isn't black in there, its all red. This was the best picture I could get without the shadows. More pictures on request.
IMG_0167.jpg

Best idea:

Open it up and scratch/sand the inside of the case. You'll be able to tell if it's painted well or so other color n64.

Also thursty I'm making you a new avatar.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
Best idea:

Open it up and scratch/sand the inside of the case. You'll be able to tell if it's painted well or so other color n64.

Also thursty I'm making you a new avatar.

SS
Did that SS, It is Red Plastic. Also, its a NUS-CPU-02. Isn't that a store display model? I bought it from a person who used to work at the gamecrazy that closed down, so that could be feasible as to why its red, who knows.

And Awesome SS! :ssawesome: :awesomethursty:

ShockSlayer said:
Store display model. Mobo pics and serial number nao.

SS
When I feel liek Opening it again I will. :p

I have to make me NES work right now! Plus Chores. Pics...Later tonight!

epicelite said:
Look at the wear on the power button, obvious paint is obvious.
Obvious Tape smudge is not so obvious, To trolls at least.

There was a big piece of Masking tape that had *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing sharpie bleeding through it, I'll clean it in a sec lawl.

Back