Somebody look into this ideaaaaaaa! ;_; SRSLY 4 RIZZLE!

epicelite

Frequent Poster
So like I think I found a source for fiber optic backlight panels! They can even light a screen with 1 LED!

I have read in a couple places that Macbook Air uses a fiber optic panel to backlight the keyboard!
I can't find a single thing that contradicts this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Somebody buy it, tear it apart and see if its true! :cry4:

You can sell the individual keys for like $1 each and make a profit FFS do it!

Or everyone who wants to find out send me a couple dollars and I will do it?
I mean like, if 10 people want to find out and each one sends me $4 then we are good to go! :dahroll:

Are you an idiot?

The keys themselves aren't lit. They have clear lettering prints. Light shines through.

There is no evenly lit panel underneath that.

Look into this idea! Stick to your trade offers and not tip the hat at the last moment :o

J.D said:
Look into this idea! Stick to your trade offers and not tip the hat at the last moment :o

You didn't say the entire top half was missing, you just said it was like ripped off. :wtf:

Nah, most laptops use a single light rod thing at the top, and light shines through the Clear keys as bibin said.

epicelite said:
ITT: Bibin is butthurt because he didn't think of this.

ITForum: Dr. Killgood makes an ass of himself regularly and is a worthless member that just quotes 4chan.

You guys are arguing about the wrong thing. It does not matter either way what the macbook has, fiber optic backlights are good for super low power consumption from one LED, for things like calculators and gameboy pockets screens. However, they are near useless for normal color LCD screens. They just do not give out enough light unless you pump so much energy in, you may as well use a normal LED backlight diffusion sheet.

PalmerTech said:
You guys are arguing about the wrong thing. It does not matter either way what the macbook has, fiber optic backlights are good for super low power consumption from one LED, for things like calculators and gameboy pockets screens. However, they are near useless for normal color LCD screens. They just do not give out enough light unless you pump so much energy in, you may as well use a normal LED backlight diffusion sheet.

:cry4:

Bibin said:
epicelite said:

ITForum: Dr. Killgood makes an ass of himself regularly and is a worthless member that just quotes 4chan.
Bibin, calm down, I'm getting sick of you making yourself look like an asshole, he never said anything aggressive to you, there is NO NEED to say anything aggressive back.

DNT 2.5 said:
Bibin said:
epicelite said:

Bibin, calm down, I'm getting sick of you making yourself look like an iostream.h, he never said anything aggressive to you, there is NO NEED to say anything aggressive back.

He bothered me for 30 minutes on AIM, with intelligent responses like "NO U", and generating false information and blathering about it, telling me I'm "butthurt".

Back