Slot loading PSoneP!

epicelite

Frequent Poster
So I am still going to do this!

Anyway I have a few things I thought of that I could use some help with.

1) How do I find out how much power the disc drive needs?

2) How do I set it up so that switch that detects when the door on the PSone is closed knows when the disc drive is loaded or not?

You're using the slot-load mechanism from a Mac CD drive, then? Even if not, I'd imagine there should be a simple physical switch of some sort that tells the drive there's a disc in it, and if so, you could just wire it to the lid sensor switch in the PSone.

The iMac G3 slot loading drive is just standard notebook IDE connector type, and takes the standard 12 + 5VDC voltages.

If you were to integrate the mechanism, sure, but you can't just hook any drive up. I hope killgood here knows what he's doing, so that shouldn't be news to him.

This will take some SERIOUS drive modification in order to make it work. Spacing of parts is a KEY element in having the disk line-up correctly. I bow to he who can apply this to a portable.

Basement_Modder said:
This will take some SERIOUS drive modification in order to make it work. Spacing of parts is a KEY element in having the disk line-up correctly. I bow to he who can apply this to a portable.
there is a guy who made a slot loading psone. it wasnt portable though. :rolleyes:

oh boy! moar smilies!!!!!!!!!

samjc3 said:
Basement_Modder said:
there is a guy who made a slot loading psone. it wasnt portable though. :rolleyes:

Who?

Argelfraster said:
samjc3 said:
Basement_Modder said:

Who?
he isnt on here, or bh. he never made a tutorial, and he never did anything else. in short, he is nao a loser. :wtf:

samjc3 said:
Argelfraster said:
samjc3 said:
Basement_Modder said:

Who?
he isnt on here, or bh. he never made a tutorial, and he never did anything else. in short, he is nao a loser. :wtf:

I think he was french. Anyhoo, he posted one or two speechless vids of them (he made a few, all in different colors.) on youtube and never came back.

Basement_Modder said:
samjc3 said:
Argelfraster said:
samjc3 said:
Basement_Modder said:

Who?

I think he was french. Anyhoo, he posted one or two speechless vids of them (he made a few, all in different colors.) on youtube and never came back.

Link?

Basement_Modder said:
Aguiluz said:
Basement_Modder said:

Link?
Link.
Oh my goodness. If we could find out how he made it. Maybe we could "reverse-engineer" RDC's XB360 guide and make it for the PS1?

I was actually surprised that no forum member had done this yet. When I first saw this, I looked to see if the guy was a bh forum member, but discovered he wasn't.

Who, "epic elite"? He's just Dr. Killgood, and he was a member, but if I remember correctly, he was banned.

Back