Since when where there blue fat PS3's?

zeturi

DEMON PIE!
I bought this off of craigslist for $100. I have scoured the interwebs for a blue ps3, as a bundle or separate. I have looked for blue ps3 faceplates, no dice. It even has a dark purple trim, and I'm fairly certain that there aren't any different colors of those.

Anybody smarter than me remember any blue ps3s? Mine is a CECHK01, the 80 GB models without backwards compatibility. Here's a couple of pics of it:

f1e8c9eb.jpg

8b9499b9.jpg

Yeah, the ps3 was only released in black.(Although there might have been some jap other color ones like the slim FF13/whatever other promo ones)

mako, Japan had silver and white in addition to black.

I think there was also a yellow PS3 that was a prize of some kind to promote The Simpsons Movie/The Simpsons Game.

As for blue... I don't know. I remember seeing it in pop-up ads, but that's it. :/

I kind of want to contact the person I bought it from, because I may be the owner or a rare bundle item or something. Regardless, I'm excited to own a PS3 again. I'll pop in a 500 HD, install xubuntu on a small partition, and put down my pre-order for Fallout: New Vegas. :D

zeturi said:
I kind of want to contact the person I bought it from, because I may be the owner or a rare bundle item or something. Regardless, I'm excited to own a PS3 again. I'll pop in a 500 HD, install xubuntu on a small partition, and put down my pre-order for Fallout: New Vegas. :D
Good luck installing xubuntu on a PS3 anymore.

At least, good luck doing it AND being able to play New Vegas.

I guarantee you it'll require the most recent firmware, which means no Xubuntu. Alternatively, you can jailbreak your PS3 and still use Xubuntu and recent games and risk getting banned from the PSN.

:stare: FACK!

Well, between linux and Fallout...? Nah, way too easy to decide. I do want to set the world on fire.

Twilight Wolf said:
At least, good luck doing it AND being able to play New Vegas.

I guarantee you it'll require the most recent firmware, which means no Xubuntu. Alternatively, you can jailbreak your PS3 and still use Xubuntu and recent games and risk getting banned from the PSN.

Actually, at the moment no game requires anything higher than 3.41, so there is still a small chance that New Vegas might not require 3.42, but if he does jailbreak his PS3 he can just delete the update folder and bypass the update if its required. Also, he wouldn't be risking getting banned from the PSN because currently PS3s on 3.41 can't even connect to the PSN at all. Sony patched the proxy bug server-side that was being used, and although there are some people who do know how to get on the PSN with a jailbroken PS3, no information has been released to the public.

EDIT: Also, you can expect OtherOS to be available on jailbroken PS3s real soon. ;)

Also, pretty much any console/mp3 player/cellphone can be painted.
There are VERY good (and pricey) professional services out there that do it.

There IS a Blue PS3 Bundle with GT:5, but, of course, it's a Slim.

There are a good deal of Blue PS3's still floating around though.
Custom Painted, often end up in Contests 'n' flax, I've also seen Red ones, etc.

Check out http://www.colorwarepc.com/default.aspx, you'll be impressed.

They have some pretty nice stuff. Actually, I might consider using their services one day.

As for this blue ps3 being painted, I'm going to take off the HDD cover and scratch it. If it's been painted, then the true color beneath should show.

I just confirmed that it's been painted. It's one of the neatest jobs that I've seen though. What an awesome job!

What game are you gonna suggest, Yoshi?

Back