Show us your desktop!

Mako321 said:
Worst phone on the worst network, you plebian.
Since when is Verizon worst network? Personally I am a fan of having coverage Dang near everywhere, including 4g out in the middle of nowhere Nebraska at my Uncle's house where other networks don't even give enough signal for reliable calling. Plus being able to have a new device overnighted to me at any time just because I ask is pretty nice.

Some of the others are cheaper, sure, but I always seem to have signal in places where others don't, and I can't complain at all about their customer service. Though I am on a business account, so that could change some things.

samjc3 said:
Mako321 said:
Since when is Verizon worst network? Personally I am a fan of having coverage Dang near everywhere, including 4g out in the middle of nowhere Nebraska at my Uncle's house where other networks don't even give enough signal for reliable calling. Plus being able to have a new device overnighted to me at any time just because I ask is pretty nice.

Some of the others are cheaper, sure, but I always seem to have signal in places where others don't, and I can't complain at all about their customer service. Though I am on a business account, so that could change some things.
The company being the biggest assholes in the country?

samjc3 said:
jOUhtGf.jpg

That's so cool, four computer screens and awesome wallpapers, or of hatsume miku and the other of... Um not sure who that is, but she kind of reminds of Misaki Toukoura from Cardfight! vanguard. A bit through.

Mako321 said:
samjc3 said:
Mako321 said:

The company being the biggest assholes in the country?
My dad is a contractor. He needs the coverage they provide. Are you really telling me that Verizon are bigger assholes than AT&T (whom also receives absurd amounts of money from my family for UVerse, the only alternative being Comcast's XFinity).

Also how is this the worst phone. It's pretty Dang nice, and Hashcode is on his/her way to circumventing the bootloader. For $50 the only other option that came anywhere close was the HTC Droid DNA.

Gamerlolwind said:
That's so cool, four computer screens and awesome wallpapers, or of hatsume miku and the other of... Um not sure who that is, but she kind of reminds of Misaki Toukoura from Cardfight! vanguard. A bit through.
Chris from Symphogear. I like my four setup, but quite frankly, I need to upgrade. I think I'm gonna replace the top panel with a 27" 2560x1440 panel, then add another 1080p panel in the 40" range dedicated for video content. And I suppose if I do that I'll have more video outputs to work with, so I may as well add two more portait VE228's for a 5 wide array. That would also give me an excuse to buy a better multi VESA mount, because this one *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing sucks.

New wallpaper added to the rotation today: http://i.imgur.com/0nkBFws.jpg

ProgMetalMan said:
My dad is a contractor. He needs the coverage they provide. Are you really telling me that Verizon are bigger assholes than AT&T (whom also receives absurd amounts of money from my family for UVerse, the only alternative being Comcast's XFinity).

Also how is this the worst phone. It's pretty Dang nice, and Hashcode is on his/her way to circumventing the bootloader. For $50 the only other option that came anywhere close was the HTC Droid DNA.
Verizon actively tries to take away rights from users and *Can'tSayThisOnTV* them over in any way possible.
That and Samsung is a piece of flax company that doesn't deserve anyone's business. Between trying to cover up things like phones catching fire, trying to monetize smartphones even more by attempting to force users onto their own proprietary OS, flaxty ad campaigns that stoop lower than Apple's which include online shilling, and phones that have godawful displays which eventually burn themselves out if they're not destroyed by then, I would never willingly buy one of their products.

I can attest to the screens being flaxty and burning in. My Nexus burned that status bar into the top of my display in less than 2 years.

Just remembered this thread. For those of you who haven't seen it.

289aczb.jpg

New sound system, consisting of a Cambridge Soundworks PCWorks subwoofer and a pair of Philips satellites I bought at the thrift store. Power is provided by a Netgear router power supply and I hacked together a volume control (hissed like crazy without it). After my dad tweaked the EQ, it sounds pretty good. The whole thing cost me under $20.

I also managed to get 3D working. Used the EDID hack described here. Ridiculous that a reputable company like ASUS would sell a monitor marketed as a 3D gaming monitor without support out of the box.

Mako321 said:
ProgMetalMan said:

Verizon actively tries to take away rights from users and *Can'tSayThisOnTV* them over in any way possible.
That and Samsung is a piece of flax company that doesn't deserve anyone's business. Between trying to cover up things like phones catching fire, trying to monetize smartphones even more by attempting to force users onto their own proprietary OS, flaxty ad campaigns that stoop lower than Apple's which include online shilling, and phones that have godawful displays which eventually burn themselves out if they're not destroyed by then, I would never willingly buy one of their products.

Galaxy S3 with no problems so far, but yeah they do try to force their own software on you.

ProgMetalMan said:

Where I live, AT&T is about the same if not better than Verizon in terms of coverage. You guys arguing for Verizon not being terrible are forgetting the absolute worst thing about it: CDMA. It's almost 2014. We should not have cell phones running on that flax-tier network infrastructure. XFinity is objectively better than U-Verse. We have 50/10 XFinity for about the same price as 18/? U-Verse. Only a fool would pick U-Verse over XFinity. HTC's DNA is Dang near as good as the One, just with less custom ROM support.

Abyss said:
ProgMetalMan said:

Where I live, AT&T is about the same if not better than Verizon in terms of coverage. You guys arguing for Verizon not being terrible are forgetting the absolute worst thing about it: CDMA. It's almost 2014. We should not have cell phones running on that flax-tier network infrastructure. XFinity is objectively better than U-Verse. We have 50/10 XFinity for about the same price as 18/? U-Verse. Only a fool would pick U-Verse over XFinity. HTC's DNA is Dang near as good as the One, just with less custom ROM support.
Well, my dad frequently says that his workers with AT&T often don't have service where he does. And UVerse is cheaper than XFinity in terms of TV + Internet here, especially because my parents Segaed the price down a few bucks. My service providers are not up to me anyway.

Abyss said:
Sorry, can't hear you over my global capable (and it works too - had it out of the country once or twice now, no problems) SIM card accepting device.

Re: Re: Show us your desktop!

samjc3 said:
Abyss said:
Sorry, can't hear you over my global capable (and it works too - had it out of the country once or twice now, no problems) SIM card accepting device.
Fellow glorious GSM master race member?

Re: Re: Show us your desktop!

Abyss said:
samjc3 said:
Abyss said:
Fellow glorious GSM master race member?
Verizon Lumia 928. So yes but no. Basically 4G is forcing Verizon to move to a more standard platform - all the verizon 4g devices these days run on a proper SIM, and the vast majority are global, as long as you request it to be set up. I'd say one or two generations down the road there won't be CDMA/GSM as such, anymore.

Jesus, why are you running that off of the original xbox PSU? That thing barely puts out an amp on the 12v line.
You can probably find a wall wart setting around the house that will run it just as well.

I know its flaxty... but I haven't gotten around to hitting up goodwill for a PC psu yet. It still works surprisingly well.

Back