ShockSlayer's H.E.V. Suit Worklog! :U

ShockSlayer

Probably SS
IMG_7497.jpg

ITS A TRASHCAN CUT AND FLATTENED

AND A MARKER

DISCUSS

For those of you who haven't seen it, click the Ironman thumbnail in my sig, and you'll see my iron man armor I made out of trash cans. It was pretty uncomfortable and lacking in a lot of ways, but I aim to do better with this HEV suit.

What's an HEV suit? You've probably never played Half-Life, meaning you haven't lived a fulfilling life, essentially, half a life. Anyways, tl;dr: it's a Hazardous Environment Suit that our lord and savior Gordon Freeman wears, to keep him safe while he saves the earth from alien invaders from Xen and junk.

I'm making one. I somewhat plan to be done by Halloween. It shouldn't be too hard, but I know how long my iron man armor took. Then again, I was figuring out most stuff for myself back then. I kinda have a waaay better grip on making stuff like this now, and I've got a few tricks up my sleeve to make this waaay better and waaay more epic.

You can see my materials and I discuss a little bit about it in my latest episode of that thing I try to do.

So yeah, thoughts, comments, discussion, etc. Soon I hope to be running down the streets and crowbar-ing children in the face while yelling "" at them

SS

Cut out and began heatforming the chest piece plastic:

IMG_7501.jpg

IMG_7503.jpg

As you can see, this chest piece is shorter than the Iron man one. It's supposed to be.

I've a lot to add and do, right now I'm focusing on the base, gonna get that centered and fitting, then I'm gonna start adding the other parts, get it to where it's basically finished, then cut it in half so I can actually wear it.

I somewhat plan to use a combination of magnets, hinges and elastic, but I'm not really sure what I want to do yet.

Oh, this is for later:

IMG_7505.jpg

SS

Work got done today!

Chest piece again, this time with rivets and extra puffing chestness from SS:
IMG_7547.jpg

Back:
IMG_7545.jpg

And the all important emblem piece.
IMG_7540.jpg

That's all the rivets I had. XD I need to get/find more. That part needs to be attached and it's not long enough in the back, I changed a few things before I mounted it, decided that just extending it would be easier.

SS

Got a bunch of work done tonight, as in, I started at like 11 PM, worked till 4 in the moooornin.

IMG_7552.jpg

I drew on the symbol for lulz, acheived.

Awesome.

Oh and, hey Triton! Glad to see you here. SS, I think he's got you beat in the "looking like Gordon Freeman" department. But then again, you're not going as him for Halloween, right? You're just another dude with an HEV suit, yes? In the first game there were three. I think in the PS2 (or.. Dreamcast?) co-op there were other characters that wore them. So yeah.

Unless you're growing a goatee? Or perhaps going to wear a fake one? And get some glasses? Hmmm.

I still have that epic fake beard that I can cut to match freemans, and I can probably get my hands on some glasses. Gel my hair back a bit and I can probably pull off the HL1 Gordon's look in the HL2 suit.

Yeah, in the end Triton's suit will probably look better than mine, what with being a bondo master and using pepakura; he's miles ahead of most people.

Mine will still be legit, though. :sscool:

SS

yours will be done first :awesome: and those real3d movie glasses are perfect with some modifications, i popped the lenses out, and dremeled the arms of the glasses then sanded the whole thing with like 800 grit sandpaper.

because i was too lazy to take any new pictures, i decided to upload some pictures i already had on my computer, i'll get new pics when i finish the chest armor and start my own thread
25jdy04.jpg

2e369mh.jpg

258rz2u.jpg

i'm not quite gordons age (22 not 27 lol), but i can almost pull off the goatee
2vaij3m.jpg

Back