Rising Sun Gameboy Pocket

Ishwhale

So this has been done for a while, and I'm just now getting around to posting it. Most people know about it already. A commission I did for Budnespid. Rising sun on the front, "Gameboy" in Japanese on the left side and "Pocket" in Japanese on the right side. Orange backlight. I didn't ahve much faith in the orange with the red, but it looks quite good imo. What you guys think?
11awpjp.jpg

I MAKE SWEET SWEET LOVE TO IT DAILY.

<333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

:awesomeish:

FYI The orange looks a million times better in person. I am so glad I did not choose red.

I swear I've seen this before, or a similar gameboy anyway, with the colour scheme and Japanese text.

I clicked on this, expecting awesome.

I was not disappoint.

Dang this is awesome, I want one.

No pics...of the back? :dah:

But yeah no, it's awesome. The colours look great, and the design work fits perfectly from what I can tell.

albeit looking a little awkward, I definitely think the orange screen works better than a red one towards the design.

Antome said:
No pics...of the back? :dah:

But yeah no, it's awesome. The colours look great, and the design work fits perfectly from what I can tell.

albeit looking a little awkward, I definitely think the orange screen works better than a red one towards the design.

The back is just plain red.

Also, even if a red screen is cool, eyestrain :stare: Orange is much easier on the eyes.

J.D said:
The back is just plain red.

Also, even if a red screen is cool, eyestrain :stare: Orange is much easier on the eyes.
I'm sure some people developed immunity to eyestrain with the virtualboy.

or they went blind...yeah...

Also, I have would like to see the back anyway. :stare:

I've seen some amazing paint jobs on here. This inspires me to do some painting myself. What is some good paint and can it be bought at walmart? But yeah this one is really cool. Better cause I love the rising sun.

Krylon Fusion. It bonds right to the plastic. Some don't like it though, saying it feels weird or just sucks. I've found Krylon paint is better than Rust-oleum. I'm not a paint expert, though, so I'll leave it at that and let someone else elaborate.

Back