reasons for a broken wiikey

PSIDuck

i had first had this problem: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14419 .
then i ordered a new ffc for the sd card reader which arrived today. i plugged it in to test it, but the wiikey is not working. i think its not and wiring issue, the ffc is soldered to the alternate dd pins. so why did the wiikey stopped working, someone knows? there is no LED signal, not even red. is it completly broken and i should get a new wkf from bdc?

It's pretty much always something with the wiring from what I understand. Try re wiring. Even if it looks like all the pins are connected sometimes they aren't. Also make sure pin 29 is bridged to ground and the lid switch is closed or bridged.

That happened to me when I didn't have the region switch properly configured, but I'm assuming yours is because you've used it before.

there is only one way to troubleshoot this: desolder the wires and see it if starts up...
if there was a short im sure you would have other issues with the GC in general but if the problems did not start till you tried to solder those connections then you need to suspect that is related to the cause...

megalomaniac do you mean resolder instead of desolder? because when its desoldered it cant start up ofc. or did i get someting wrong here

Back