Problem with composite video to PS1 screen

Zdargh

Hey I just pulled out my GCP stuff and been trying to get to working and completed.

I had everything working awhile ago, but it's been sitting for awhile... The mobo works and I have power to my wiikey chip, but when I wire it to my screen I get no video (I can't test audio yet). I plugged it into my tv and the video and audio works, so I know it's not the mobo.

My first thought it that when I trimmed the screen I might've done something wrong... so I looked at some guides to see if I can salvage this.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I'm at my wit's end and I do not want to led mod another screen and start over.
4Yovont
4Yovont

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds a lot like you've broken your screen I'd get a new one and start over to save yourself the headache of identifying the problem.

start over to save yourself the headache of identifying the problem.
Please don't adopt a mindset like this^^

Might just be me, but I can't see those images you linked. Here's something you can try, I can't remember but I think this has actually saved me buying a new screen before. It's a fuse that might have blown. To bypass it, just wire around it, dab some solder over both contacts, or whatever.
0,1425,sz=1&i=91098,00.jpg

On the bright side of things, chances are that the lcd isn't the problem, so even if you do have to get a new mobo, you could use your old lcd, and the painful part of the LED mod will be behind you :D

Let us know when you're able to test that audio.

Last edited:
Got it, I'll try and bridge that connection and give it a shot. I didn't even think about re-using the LCD, I was just gona mod a new screen and set the old one aside.

GBOdOY4.jpg
[/IMG]
4Yovont.jpg

GBOdOY4.jpg

Here's the links to the pictures,
what's the best way to link images on this forum?

I just checked and I have that connection already bridged over, haha. I guess I blew that fuse before.

Shoot, looks like you're already connecting voltage past that fuse, and if you are, then bridging it won't accomplish anything.

Not sure if I can tell if anything's wrong by looking at the pictures, but I'm wondering, where is that red wire going? I don't think I've seen that one before, but I haven't messed with these screens in a while. And everything's grounded? You said it was working at one point, and you haven't done any extra trimming or anything since then? One tip is that you strip your wires pretty long. Usually it's best to strip the minimum amount of insulator off that still enables you to solder, maybe a couple millimeters. That way, you don't have to worry about accidentally bridging anything.

Looks like you figured out hwo to upload images. Just click the image button above your reply, and paste the html link there.

Back