RASPIE D. PIE

Zero said:
Plus, just imagine how small and efficient you can make a PMP with one of these.
This. I've want to make a PMP out of this, for some time. AND IT WOULD BE LIKE NO OTHER

If they ever get Android on this thing, I would totally make a PMP. Obviously they can get the Linux kernel running, so porting Android shouldn't be *that* hard if there's enough interest. Then again, if Samsung ever gets off their ass I could get a better spec'ed player that's smaller and more reliable for probably less money. Ah, the portabilizer's dilemma again.

Atari said:
*snip*

Also, in regards to Windows 8, so far as I remember, Microsoft is only supporting Cortex A9 based ARM processors that are 1+ GHz for performance reasons. Real information is pretty scarce about Windows 8, but the ARM PC at Computex was running on a Tegra 2, which is a dual core 1 GHz proc that is Cortex A9 based.
So if that's true, Win8 isn't possible.

How much abstraction does Windows do? Will existing Win32 apps work under Windows 8 ARM, or will only apps compiled for the platform work?

This thing is made as a low-cost way to teach kids Computer Science in schools. It's not meant to do all of these things, and to expect it to is ridiculous.

Just saying.

I plan on picking one up to use as a Android development environment and maybe as a makeshift media center.

AfroLH said:
This thing is made as a low-cost way to teach kids Computer Science in schools. It's not meant to do all of these things, and to expect it to is ridiculous.

Just saying.

I plan on picking one up to use as a Android development environment and maybe as a makeshift media center.
While it is being made for that purpose, doesn't mean it isn't open to hobbyists who wants to do whatever else the Heck they want to do with it also ;)

Mako321 said:
AfroLH said:

Just saying.

While it is being made for that purpose, doesn't mean it isn't open to hobbyists who wants to do whatever else the Heck they want to do with it also ;)

Never said it wasn't.

On a slightly unrelated note, does Android have more then like 6 decent games, excluding emulators? There's only like 3 good THD games :(

Back