Ps2 portacase

jelte1234

Hello everyone,

For a school project I'm going to try to build a case that any unmodified ps2 slim can slide into,
and then be basically a portable. I've got a 7" screen that works from 7,5 v and up,
but I don't know how much the ps2 can take. batteries at 7,5 might work, but I'd rather go for nine,
if the ps2 can take it. ( when fully charged batteries tend to have higher voltages)
I don't really want to use 7808's because of their inefficiency.
and, what is the estimate powerdraw during playing? I can't cut my powercord to measure.

Thanks!

~Jelte1234

I think that i can pull it off, but I do really need some help with the batteries.
so, does anyone know what voltage/amperage I would need for 2 hours+ of playing time?
my screen draws about 250ma.
this saturday I'm going on vacation, I would really like to have ordered them by then.
any links would also be very apreciated.
( I live in the netherlands, so only sites with worldwide shipping will work)

I'll try to upload some (yet to be made) sketches by tomorrow evening.

~Jelte1234

ok jst go to ebay get a 11.1v 10 A battery a pcb and that will give you around 3.5 hour if need help in anything am up for comision and al do it for cheap just cuz is a ps2 and i really want to see it

I found on a website in my country (netherlands) a racecar battery,
in total 11.1 v 73 wh. this should get me about 3,5 hours theoretically, so about 3.
(link: http://www.verspaget.nl/contents/nl/p28 ... _Lipo.html )
I thought I would put two of em in parallel.
Also, what program do you guys use to draw nice rounded 3d shapes? (no sketchup, yet not too complicated)
My measurements: PS2: 14-17 watts (Including power adaptor, but ill also have to regulate it)
my screen: 6,5 watts. ( runs on 7-14 volts, haven't tested higher)
I don't have an amp yet. will a cheapo do for mid quality with better speakers attached?
are kindle speakers any good for this? (I got a broken kindle lying around)
My screen has volume buttons and a speaker grill, yet no speaker or sound input jacks.
It is one of those 7" ebays. might it have an on-board amp? where would the spots be located?
is a http://www.ti.com/product/ptn78060w regulator the right thing to use?
What is your opinion on all this?

Jelte1234.

pwede po ako patulong sa inyo pano ko po maikabit yung pins ng controller ko generic diko po alam ang color coding nya yung may brown orange green balck diko rin alam ibig sabhin ng DO, DI, VCC ACK, GRND

man_of_love7381 said:
pwede po ako patulong sa inyo pano ko po maikabit yung pins ng controller ko generic diko po alam ang color coding nya yung may brown orange green balck diko rin alam ibig sabhin ng DO, DI, VCC ACK, GRND

I don't understand a word, exept for controller and color coding. could you please use english, dutch or german? (or, in worst case, google translate)

does anyone else have a understandable suggestion?

Hi,

update!

I started with the beginning of the casework, made from abs plating reinforced at the corners with steel hooks. (I know, weight)
I have decided on some 11.1 v battery's, 2 of 3300 mah each to be used after one another without powering the device off by using 2.5 mm mini-jack connections.
Also I began with the electrical wiring, which shouldn't be too complicated, but there it failed.
I just can't get a clear picture or real sound out of it, I cut down an original cord to about 10 cm and soldered to that, in the process I removed some grey metally ring that wasn't connected to the wires. I believe it is called a toroid. might that be the problem, or is it something else? with a different cable they work fine, but I can't cut down any more cables..
Does anyone have a solution for this?
and does abs plastic with acetone (cement) also structurally connect the pieces?

~jelte1234

man_of_love7381 said:

He wants to know the pinout of a generic controller probably to PS2 mobo and he sees those colors in the wires and in that order

Language: tagalog (Filipino)
jelte1234 said:
. . . in the process I removed some grey metally ring that wasn't connected to the wires. I believe it is called a toroid. might that be the problem, or is it something else? with a different cable they work fine, but I can't cut down any more cables..
Does anyone have a solution for this?
and does abs plastic with acetone (cement) also structurally connect the pieces?
~jelte1234

Pretty sure your metal ring is the shielding used to prevent interference from EMI coming off other wires

But I've seen some cables use the same shielding as the grounding wire meaning you missed some of the wiring if you didn't use it.

Abs cement can act as a glue to a couple types of plastics (I think)

I thought so too, so I put it back. in doing so, I might have let it touch some shielding that's on the cable (normally inside the plastic plug) now, even with another cable and also on my tv, I just get green images. white is green, everything green. no trace of the other colors.

I'm afraid I destroyed my dear PS2 without even opening it up... what could possibly have caused this and how might I fix it?? the problem isn't my screen, and I was still using the original power adapter. I don't dare to change anything in fear of making it worse, and really don't want to spend money on another ps2, and if that is neccesary, make the same error all over again.
might it matter, though I think not, it has a professionally installed mars pro gm-816HD modchip in it that has always been working fine.

Please help me out here...
Jelte1234.

Back