PS1 screen LED mod confusion!! HELP ME PLEASE!!

Moddedbytj

Please help me idk wut the LED mod is? I need to do it. How do i do it? This is not helping me!
I do not understand it. Do the LEDs come with the ps1 screen? If they dont where do i get them?

WTF!?!?!?!?!: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2 ... 356,00.asp <--- messed up (copy n paste)

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!! :evil2:

Moddedbytj

if you dont understand it, then how do you know you need to do it? i fail to see how you can need to do it, yet not know what it does.

but, anywho, its a method of replacing the ccfl backlight tube that comes standard in a psone screen, with leds. this has two effects:
1, it cuts the screens power draw nearly in half, and allows removal of the backlight inverter.
2, it causes the screen to not be as bright, or evenly lit.

the leds do not come with the psone scree. you can get them on ebay, or digi-key, sparkfun, or any other electronics supplier. ive even found some radioshacks that have the correct leds.

ohhhh thats what it does... thank you i need it to mainly just to fit into my case.

Are there any videos about it or guides that chould help me alittle more? Btw does anymore have a link to the right LEDs i need to buy?

Moddedbytj

that guides just about as good as it gets. any 5mm white leds over 10000mcd should be just fine. you can use ones of a lower brightness, but it looks worse.

OHHHHH THANK YOU MAN i think i get it now at first i was kinda asking myself what is the purpose if this mod I JUST GOT IT!!!XD So the LEDS that get built into the screen get hooked up to wut power where?

Moddedbytj

You might want to do some reading about the basics.

They don't get hooked up to the screen directly, you'll need resistors to step down the voltage for you.

samjc3 said:
that guides just about as good as it gets. any 5mm white leds over 10000mcd should be just fine. you can use ones of a lower brightness, but it looks worse.
You mean 3mm.

Now im confused again is it a 3mm or a 5mm LED? And is there a guide or something somewhere? Because I need to know more about the stepdown.

Moddedbytj

eh0y79.jpg

It's the square block thing. It says 7805 on it. And the smaller circle is where the 5 volts come out.

Moddedbytj said:
Ok i have a 10-ohm resister will that work?

Moddedbytj
no. It will kill your LEDs.

If you have 3 10 ohm resistors and you wire them in series you will get 30 ohms which should be sufficient.

Back