PS1 Screen diagram

seanmacdonn

Does anyone have a good PS1 screen diagram? The best I could find was on Harshboy's Gamecube Wiring Guide. Uploads are welcome (or links). It'd be nice if it were to scale, but it's ok if it isn't.

There's this cool website called forums.modretro.com that has a PS1 screen diagram. You should check it out.

(not being serious): Really!!! no seriously (still not being serious). I'm not looking for a photo, but if you took the time to find the gamecube wiring diagram I referenced you would know that. (serious): I'm looking for a diagram that is like what jjhammerstein, from ben's site, made for the n64 motherboard. (optional reading): Now if you want to get into details, I'm making my attempt on building a n64 portable, and being a very visual learner (who also gets very confused with many of the diagrams that I have found on this site and all over the internet) I havent found a diagram organized and uncluttered enough (sorry anyone who made diagrams; I know they are useful) to meet my needs, so I am making one that even I can understand. (required reading): So I'm still asking for any serious responces. An appropriate response could be the one already on the gamecube wiring diagram I already found. (I can do a little ms paint on it. I'm not that uncapable).

(required reading): THIS (not serious (I really am)): It'd be nice if you understood what you're connecting at least in an elementary sense and if you don't, that you'd ask specific, less sarcastic questions. A PSOne screen would essentially need only a video, ground, and left audio (mono), and right audio (stereo) connected to it, along with an appropriate power source. For the N64, the first link could suffice. (still being serious): I couldn't find this diagram here on MR, but here it is on BH. That should be all you need for a diagram, I believe.

You're welcome.

Thanks thats perfect. I just have one question: can you power the ps1 screen directly from the n64 mother board? I'm pretty sure, according to the diagram if you were to put a wire where the power goes in it would work, but I wouldn't want to fry it with wall power when I tested it. is that the right spot? or would I need something to regulate the power? or is there something obvious I'm missing?

The psone screen requires about 7.4V (there's a range I can't remember off the top of my head) and the N64 has a 12V line that can run off 7.4V as well. So in short, no, the PSOne screen cannot run off the N64, but can be run off the same power source at about 7.4V

The max voltage it can take is 8.5, but not .1v over that. Two fully charged lipos will give you 8.4v, which is safe for the screen to use, but barely. The minimun voltage sometimes varies, is can range from 6.9v to 7v, or something like that.

Back