Project Trinus build log (+help needed)

OK sorry I haven't posted in a while. Got my metal cut, I'm going to go have a look and see how it is.
I went with a brushed aluminum finish for the metal I got. Hopefully it fits well and looks good. Updated pictures to come

Still haven't received my LCD controller board yet. I'll see how that goes.

Yeah, It'll likely be another month before you get it :/ did you look at the shipping times on those things? They're hilarious.

30 days. :wtf:
It's from China, I can't complain.

metal has been cut, but I need to do my daily bike ride. I'll post some pics in an hour or so.
Besides that, it looks GREAT. it workshop did an awesome job, plus it was cheap too. the brushed finish looks deadly next to the black case.

My only issue- because of the way the LCD panel fits (almost perfectly) I can't (nor could the shop) cut the metal to frame the panel. There just wouldn't be enough remaining metal to make it feasible. So, I'm considering to mount the panel on top of the metal, with a hole in the back to feed the wires.
If you have a better idea do tell.

IMAG0268.jpg

There it is, with both panel placed. I'm going to work on installing them soon
I'm going to epoxy in some 90 degree brackets and make the panel removable. That way I can service/modify this easily.

Yes- my controller board arrived!
The company was nice enough to include a keypad and extras for I believe $3 extra. Not bad.
I'm going to hook everything up tonight and connect it to my PS3. Will post results.

How much was the controller? Might be cool to have a matching second monitor for my E6400.

$29.99, includes everything.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 987wt_1140

It's really great- and any LCD panel works. They'll program it for you.

Oh, right- results
Couldn't find my DVI to HDMI adapter, so I plugged it into a regular PC. looks fabulous, no bleeding of colours, no fizzing caps etc. The company has said you need a 12v 4A adapter for it- I opted out because I have loads of 12v wallwarts. Turns out it runs perfectly off a 12v 1.5A adapter, so I'm considering to wire the power directly off the PS3 PSU.

Back