Prog gets BS for having a PC he's tried replacing for 5 yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prog

Not a Meme™
Staff member
XCVG said:
What's the :neutral2: face in your systray?
Standalone (old) DVD43, for on-the-fly DVD decrypting. Works quite well with Handbrake, but only on 32-bit systems up through 7.

Re: Show us your desktop!

ProgMetalMan said:
XCVG said:
What's the :neutral2: face in your systray?
Standalone (old) DVD43, for on-the-fly DVD decrypting. Works quite well with Handbrake, but only on 32-bit systems up through 7.
Why not use dvdfab or anydvd?
Or rip your movies to your HDD?

I feel like with internet speed nowadays it's easier/faster to find and download a good movie encode then bother with the time and effort of ripping my own discs. Same for music really.

Well, my internet is flax, I have caps at 250GB, and the only reason I use either is to get movies onto my iPod classic. The less re-encodes in the lineage, the better, you know.

perfectly good 1080P 10bit movies are 2gB a pop, even with my brothers home we don't get close to 250gb. Mind you our ISP does offer unlimited mornings, which is basically them saying "do all of your torrents then please".

I don't need, want, or have the disk space for 1080 movies. I just want to rip the DVDs to original Youtube-quality MP4 so that I can watch them on my iPod for car rides.

ProgMetalMan said:
I use DVD43 in Windows XP to rip my DVDs and convert them to 144p FLVs so I can watch them on my ipod during long car rides!

Mako321 said:
ProgMetalMan said:
I use DVD43 and Handbrake in Windows XP to rip my DVDs and convert them to 240p M4Vs so I can watch them on my iPod Classic during long car/bus/train rides!
FTFY

STAY ON TOPIC YOU SODS THIS IS STILL FORUM 47

Make a new thread if you wanna discuss this.

Antome said:
perfectly good 1080P 10bit movies are 2gB a pop, even with my brothers home we don't get close to 250gb. Mind you our ISP does offer unlimited mornings, which is basically them saying "do all of your torrents then please".

sorry but unless there is some insane compression thing i'm not aware of, i've never seen a 'perfectly good' 2gb 1080p movie in my life.

mind you, i've seen acceptable 2gb movies depending on how much you can tolerate compression artifacts.

Re: Prog Sucks at Computers

1V9khqh.jpg

10-bit is crazy good compression at the cost of compatibility and higher required specs.

Tbf though, I don't see it used much with regular movies, it's mainly popular with anime groups.

Re: Prog sucks at computers

OH, 10bit. I missed that part my bad.

I'd like to see 10bit rips in the future if they are much better, I use a PC for most of my movie playback so I don't mind lower compatibility.

Back on topic guys, this is still F47. We're supposed to be discussing how Prog still uses XP and all the ways he sucks at computers. :p

Kinda sad I don't own this thread anymore, but I guess it went to the next best guy.

ttsgeb said:
Back on topic guys, this is still F47. We're supposed to be discussing how Prog still uses XP and all the ways he sucks at computers. :p

Kinda sad I don't own this thread anymore, but I guess it went to the next best guy.
1V9khqh.jpg

To be fair, when you don't actually come to the realization that you can create for yourself a near cinematic home/portable setup with mere software, a lot of people somehow get complacent with godawful bitrates. In the near future one could argue that a proper home setup actually surpasses cinema as well, with the four Ks and the headcans and what have you.

I think the main issue here is that prog sucks at computers, but us calling him out has put him on the defensive, you know, cognitive bias and all that.

Fortunately, because he sucks at computers, he has yet to figure out how to reply to this thread, so that doesn't really matter. :p

Nah, I just have a life these two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back