Potential batteries at the shack? idk u tell me!

IKSROG-II

:tophat: I was just walking around the shack when I ran in to this:

now i know they probably are not the greatest batteries by any means but I figured since there are some people who just want to go out and buy crap instead of ordering it online, it might have potential? Are they any good?

Sure - they're not ideal, but they're not horrible by any means. Although something I don't know (this is not an ignorant question - I don't know anything about them) is if they come with a protection circuit built in or not, which would be the big thing with them.

Ni-CD and Ni-Mh batts don't use protection circuits. You just need to use the appropriate charger with them, that's all.

They're larger than li-po batts, but are safer to work with. If you'd rather get them, go ahead. But what are you using them to power?

Oh, cool, good to know. I don't think he has a specific purpose for them. I think he was just asking if they'd be any good because he saw them.

i have that exact battery (from an old RC car). it performs like all NiMh batts do. fine at first but it stops holding a charge after awhile.

Back