Pokedex DS Case

Hey, sorry for not replying; I was in an accident so I've been a little preoccupied lately. I'll try and finish the case this week.

Ahh, that sucks. I had a friend who got in an accident right before going into Uni that messed her up for a while and total'd her car too. The good thing that came out of it was that she finally realized school isn't the most important thing in the world hahah.

Thanks though.

Holy flax. I know I haven't been on in a long time with work/school/marriage, but this thing should have been done 6 months ago.

It was done, but Kringlur wanted some changes and the case got messed up so we called it quits. I'm in the process of sending him the DS Lite.

Hey, have you sent it yet? Just send it to the Sweden address, it's been too long and I'm moving away from Iceland now so it might not get here in time if you send it to Iceland.

You should really turn on Email alerts for PMs or something so you don't miss any messages.

Hey, I am PMing you too in case you don't see this one.

Nothing ever arrived in the mail, did it get returned to you?

Posting again here, just to say that no, this hasn't been resolved yet.
I'll be PMing Bush yet again now.

Hey. Are you alive? Because I have to think you are blatantly ignoring both the thread and my messages to you.

It's been a long time now. So surely I can get my money back? I can't imagine the mail was actually lost, because that just never happens - it still arrives even if you mess up the address and the receiver's name, because the country is so small. If it had been stuck in customs for some reason I would have gotten a letter asking what I wanted them to do with it. Lastly if anything else occurred, it would have been simply returned to you and you would have it at home.

The only thing I can possibly think of other than you scamming me is that it was sent, took longer to arrive than it should have, and I had already moved out of the country and the mail forwarding I had paid for to send to my new out-of-country address didn't work. But somehow I greatly doubt that. My old flatmate would have probably tried to contact me and tell me about it, if that were the case. So there are really no excuses left, especially since you stopped replying to my messages and this thread.

I see it's been three years since this started. I shouldn't have been so lenient...

For anyone else reading this, the suspicious behaviour was basically "delays in finishing the item (which may have been legit)", "neglecting to mention when the item was mailed out, despite having a whole thread for updates to the item, then later after I asked claiming the item was mailed out a couple weeks before already", then "suddenly not responding to PMs, then later not responding to the thread either, when before it was possible to talk in both" and finally "not even questioning me if the item had arrived safely or not".

I happened to log in the other day for the first time in roughly 2 years. I was surprised to see that you both PM'd and posted in this thread after I had PM'd you since the last time I logged in, August 2012, confirming that I had shipped the item back in May. You made multiple attempts to contact me a FULL YEAR after our last correspondence. I neither noticed your messages nor even had them time to log into MR. As I told you already in your hustling PM, I shipped the item forever ago and If you did not receive it, I cannot help you as I am not the postal service. I shipped the item overseas and then you mentioned to me that you were changing countries of residence. If you weren't aware of the risks of the item getting to you, you shouldn't have contracted in the US and should not have moved. You are ignoring the likelihood that whoever might have received your item in your stead could have contributed to the confusion of the entire situation. Instead, you blame me for not receiving an item that I was incapable of delivering across a god-dammned ocean with my bare hands. I am not DHL and this thread is not an outlet for you to publicly attack me when I haven't bothered to log in until this week.

To me, at this point, a public attack was justified as I had been waiting on you for years. Is it supposed to be my responsibility to somehow make you check the forum or enable Email alerts, when I'm actually your customer? You also had my Email and could have told me that you couldn't access the forum, that the package had never been returned to you, or whatever - it was (and is) of course the same as my paypal address. Which I also re-sent to you in a PM while waiting for news of you having shipped the package.

Now that I look at the logs - you sent the package in May to my current Swedish address where my family lives. If I'm reading the logs right anyway, I gave you the Icelandic address afterwards, then later you said you had already sent it months ago, so there is not even a question of country issues anymore. They definitely would have picked it up for me if it had arrived. If they hadn't picked it up, it would have simply been mailed back to you. Lost packages really aren't something that happens often here. Even if it were a question of country issues, I paid for 3 months' worth of mail forwarding and no mail takes 4 months to arrive from America to Iceland.

In our PMs you also said you would send any leftover money from the over-estimated shipping costs back to my paypal, and I do remember waiting for that - that's part of why I kept asking if you had sent the package, because I wasn't getting any Email alerts about paypal. It was 170 USD which I paid you in total. That, too, I don't recall getting any messages about from you on if you did/didn't pay anything back.

So, for now, I would like to keep this discussion public as it's a good sign for the rest of the forum to see how you are handling things. You know, it's really rather unfair - I couldn't have even tried to apply for money back via fraud from paypal at that time, because you took months to even notify that you had shipped the package. And of course you had no tracking number or anything. So on my side I really have no proof that you actually sent it.

About your two-year disappearance, it wasn't actually two years, judging by your forum post logs - you posted several times in 2013. I checked them before I posted again in this thread and messaged you.

Anyway, I couldn't fathom why you would take a customer and be quick to respond all throughout the initial process, but as soon as it is time to send the package you disappear and stop contacting. And even log in months and years later, posting on the forum seemingly as normal, and still not reply to my waiting messages, of which I sent many. Not even to say "Hey, I know it's been ages, but I never got anything back in the mail" or "I know we last talked a while ago, but did you ever get it?". That sort of thing isn't just common courtesy, it's common sense for someone who has had a customer. I didn't want to think it was a scam and that is exactly why I kept messaging you over and over, and kept posting in the thread asking what was going on, and kept asking you if you had sent it yet. Now when I checked your logs and saw you posting absolutely as normal even when you knew I had been messaging you and waiting for answers...

At this point, it's not only me - other people have been reading this thread and wondering what's up and if this ever got resolved. One of them tipped me off that you had been posting again, but I actually logged in every few months on my own hoping that you had sent messages that I just hadn't gotten any Email alerts for, for some reason.

Claiming I ripped you off because I never sent you a tracking number would be akin to me claiming you received it and are trying to extort me. I'm not customer service. I don't have to pay for a tracking number on top of international shipping if I don't want to. You're acting very entitled about something that isn't in my control. I'm not required to stay vigilant on modretro a year after I sold you something. That's because after I shipped your item, it was out of my control. I mailed you something from another country. You seem to be unfamiliar with international shipping. It is known to be slow and often times unreliable. You took a risk having it shipped from here that you should have been aware of. Just because your local post office is good doesn't mean the US Postal service or whoever fulfilled the shipping is any good. I can't personally deliver things to you, and as such, I can't make sure they arrive to you.

As for you asking for money, I do not owe you anything. I shipped you the agreed upon package after we discussed it. This was after multiple delays because of you asking for changes in the design. I specifically remember spending exorbitant amounts on spray paint because I kept having to change the face of the case, sand and apply a large number of coats.

Message subject: Re: Are you alive?
Folder: Inbox
Hey man, I've been holding onto your money for far too long, and in trying to remove the case accents I messed up a portion of the case, so I would have to do a ton of painting. I hate to do this to you, but could I call this quits, give you a refund on the case portion of what you paid me, as well as some extra for taking up your time, and send the DS and Acekard to you?
Sent: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Message subject: Re: did you get my last message?
Folder: Inbox
Hey, I'm so sorry for not replying; it's been awhile since I could use a PC. If you can give me some specifics on exactly how you want me to pack it, your address, and your paypal, I will ship it and refund the $50 ASAP.
Sent: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:41 am

That is the refund I'm talking about. Did you ever refund it? I don't remember you doing so, but I could be wrong of course - I'm going to now check if Paypal history holds that long, or if I have any sort of paypal notice from you saved in my Email, and edit this post with the results. Paypal history doesn't last that long, and I don't have an Email saved about it. Of course that could mean I deleted it, but like I said earlier, since you said you would refund some money after mailing the package any refund notice would have been my sign that the package was mailed and I wouldn't have been asking you about it so many times.

I don't doubt that you actually made the case. Obviously there were photos and everything was believable then. I just have no good feelings about the afterwards.

Your 50 was included with the ds. As I told you around this time, I was in and out of town, visiting relatives and also taking finals for school. I didn't have time to deposit the cash, wait for it to hit, then withdraw to PayPal and transfer to you. That was all the money I had at that point in time; shipping all of this to you cost me a ton of money. Complain if you want that I didn't PayPal it to you, but after nearly finishing your commission you asked me to redo the entire thing in a different way. As a result the paint job was ruined and it wasn't worth any further loss from me. That's why I decided to refund you and move on. I understand you did not like my communication, but by this time your demands as a customer had exceeded my capacity to complete obligations in my personal life. I apologize for not confirming the shipping right away, but after I did there was no further reason for you to contact me as the package was out of my hands. You keep acting like I *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed you over but you seem to forget the investments I made COMPLETING your commission until you decided you wanted to use a different idea for the project and then trying to wash my hands of the situation. I've already lost over 200 dollars between shipping, the $50, and all the odd little parts I had to not only purchase but scavenge for. I invested so much time working on all the plastic pieces, sanding them and painting them over and over until they looked right. I don't owe you anything, especially not two years after the fact. I shipped your item and you did not receive it, blame the USPS, your mail carriers, or the people you relied on to forward it to you. My responsibility for your package ended when I mailed it. I'm not responding to you anymore. I don't have to entertain you. Modretro isn't a godDang collections agency. Not receiving an overseas package you asked your *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing mother to find for you =/= foul play.

So did you ever send him the change from shipping the package, Bush?

Also, Kring, did you ask him to call it quits on the Case?

There wasnt any change. He paid 170 for the commission and a ds lite + an acekard. We valued the commission at 50 (out of that 170) which I included in the package. The rest of the profit I would have made from the commission/deal was spent on parts, supplies, and shipping costs. In the end I had lost about $40 from the deal. The value of the contents of the package would have constituted a full refund of $170. It was shipped to his Swedish address in May of 2012.

Back