PC build. Any changes?

samjc3

#1 Female Member
PCbuild.PNG

Anything I should change? And dont tell me to go with an ATI graphics card; person specifically asked for nvidia/intel based machine. More RAM wont be necessary. ~$700 budget, so keep keep the price in that range. Im pretty well ready to buy, but I figured I would ask.

Edit: Already have case + PSU

Looks pretty good, just make sure that processor is the K version (overclockable) and I think you could do cheaper on a hard drive. Im assuming they already have a case and PSU.

Bush said:
Looks pretty good, just make sure that processor is the K version (overclockable) and I think you could do cheaper on a hard drive. Im assuming they already have a case and PSU.
Its $20 more, and the person will NEVER overclock. Plus Ive heard that the turboboost performs better than just a steady high level overclock.
peppie132 said:
you should go for a ATI video card they are most of the time cheaper and better quality.
Cheaper yes. Slightly better game performance for the money, yes. Overall performance for the money? Not even close. (go render something in maya on an ATI card and you'll see what I mean) And quality really depends on the card manufacturer, not the chipset manufacturer. The silicon quality is very similar. anywho, as you later note; ATI isnt an option. Even if it was, Nvidia is better. ;)

That build looks about right. Also, Intel/Nvidia > anything else out there.

The stock Intel HSF is good for over 4 ghz, you don't need an aftermarket cooler.

What are you using for your OS? (pleasedontsayxppleasedontsayxppleasedontsayxp
emot-ohdear.png
)

They are gonna take care of OS. But it will be win 7. And I dont really care if I dont need the aftermarket cooler. Im prolly gonna put the stock one in my desktop.

Yep. I need to make sure that one is the best one available though. Out of the other 3 good brands, that is. (EVGA, Asus, MSI)

samjc3 said:
Yep. I need to make sure that one is the best one available though. Out of the other 3 good brands, that is. (EVGA, Asus, MSI)
Asus has some nice cooling on their Director CUII, MSI's TwinFrozr coolers are amazing and EVGA is just overpriced flax with a nice warranty. Gigabyte has the best QC of all cards, along with good cooling though.

Mako321 said:
samjc3 said:
Asus has some nice cooling on their Director CUII, MSI's TwinFrozr coolers are amazing and EVGA is just overpriced flux with a nice warranty. Gigabyte has the best QC of all cards, along with good cooling though.
I find EVGA to be quite excellent. I have oft overclocked them very much, and find their build quality to be quite exquisite. But I am going with the gigabyte in this build, thats for certain.

They don't really have better "build quality", since they're all just reference designs. They wouldn't cool any better or worse either.

It mostly comes down to the warranty and how the cooler is designed. Personally, for any midrange card or better, I prefer a 2 slot design which ducts hot exhaust air directly out of the case.

bic said:
It mostly comes down to the warranty and how the cooler is designed. Personally, for any midrange card or better, I prefer a 2 slot design which ducts hot exhaust air directly out of the case.
So, you basically go for EVGA/XFX for their warranty or MSI/Sapphire/Gigabyte/ASUS for their cooling?

Back