Official Wiikey Fusion to GC MOD troubleshooting thread!

I buyed i a new Wiikey now it works ,but in the Wiikeymenu the Controller doesnt work ,I also flashed Swiss with the wii but it didn't made a Difference.
I also see that other people have that problem ,too.
But i cant found a solution for that problem.

You are using the 2nd 3rd or 4th controller port. I made this mistake a couple of times. You have to make sure the controller is in controller port 1

I am having some weird WKF issues. I had this wkf working on a different cube and moved it to a new cube. The new cube is trimmed, but not much at all. The WKF is currently only working with one of my SD cards. The one it is working with autoboots, but if it has a game ISO on it, the system freezes at init screen. I can't get anything to boot, even after a format of the card. I tried booting the most recent Swiss nightly build. I have also tried booting the WKF restore 1.2 iso. That gave me the dsi exception fault.

Any ideas guys?

Forgot to mention that I have traced all my wires out with a MultiMeter, no shorts, and everything is wired up correctly. I booted the recovery ISO from sd card. currently no way to boot from dvd. I can probably do something to get that working, Using an incomplete custom controller. If any one can help out I will be in and out of the IRC channel #gc-forever on EFNet.

Redo the wiring! Even if you did check every trace, the freezing during recovery is a sure sign something is awry hardware wise. It's kind of a downer to redo everything but I speak from experience.

tried 3 different wkf 2 did the same, the other one worked fine, but having some issues maybe with the sd card slot. Still working out the bugs. Now I have to solder a memory card port to Slot B and the memory card to Slot A and see what else is not working and possibly flash swiss. But first i need to get a title to actually load.

Just thought I'd add something I've found to this thread

My WKF that I killed:
Well i got it displaying the GC-Linux screen, but that was it. Black screen when trying to boot it. The FFC to the SD card ended up being faulty, and I had long power and earth leads. Sent to another member for price of postage.

My last wasp fusion: it would give errors randomly on certain games (well metroid 1 and 2) usually within a minute of getting into gameplay, other times earlier. I shortened the earth and power leads. Perfect. Has never failed me. I have used it heaps. Autoboots swiss on my sandisk ultra (one of the 5 sd cards I have) BUT when I started using this card I would get random freezing, until I changed from 32mhz down to 16mhz in swiss. Wierd.

Current WIP with wasp fusion: Works flawlessly with default menu, the blue LED doesn't illuminate until I tell it to (Pin 29). With swiss flashed it sometimes works first go, other times the blue LED stays illuminated, other times it gives a read error straight away with the autoboot SD card in.

I have tried two wasp SD slots (I used the WKF SD slot with my last wasp) and also two ffc cables to sd card (I repaired the other) I have the power and earth cables are less than 3cm short! wiring has been checked over 1000 times! have tried alternate power and earth points.

The only difference is custom regulators and a cut board, but I have only moved the connections further along the trace to the safe cut alt. points.

The gamecube was purchased faulty (disc drive didnt' spin) but I don't think that would matter at all.

I am just going to live with the fact I have to restart it a maximum of 3 times until it works sometimes.. and other times it works first go. When it works.. IT WORKS... no problems what so ever! Very strange.

Back