Nom64

I hate the default arrangement. Why would they combine turning/forward-backward and strafing/up-down? That makes no sense. Oh and I've played PC for years, so I'm used to aiming with my right. Solitaire/1.2 is okay for me, holding the long part with my right. Also, I never use manual aim. I've played Goldeneye on an emulator with a mouse, but it's weird.

XCVG said:
I hate the default arrangement. Why would they combine turning/forward-backward and strafing/up-down? That makes no sense. Oh and I've played PC for years, so I'm used to aiming with my right. Solitaire/1.2 is okay for me, holding the long part with my right. Also, I never use manual aim. I've played Goldeneye on an emulator with a mouse, but it's weird.

Because they didn't have dual analogue back then?

Bibin said:
XCVG said:

Because they didn't have dual analogue back then?
well they did have the dual-controller setup. But even then, I don't think you can do it right in goldeneye and need to mix joystick axis to get the proper movement/strafing. In perfect dark you should be able to get proper dual-analog settings, though.

Games back then were just designed to work that way. I kinda like it, compare goldeneye to shooters today, and there is a lot more emphasis on when to shoot, and when to run, since your aiming is hindered in a way that is far closer to real life, as opposed to "Look, I am master chief! Watch me perfect snipe headshot you 4 grunts in a row, while jumping 40 feet through the air!" :wtf:

PalmerTech said:
Games back then were just designed to work that way. I kinda like it, compare goldeneye to shooters today, and there is a lot more emphasis on when to shoot, and when to run, since your aiming is hindered in a way that is far closer to real life, as opposed to "Look, I am master chief! Watch me perfect snipe headshot you 4 grunts in a row, while jumping 40 feet through the air!" :wtf:

Yeah, but it just feels so unnatural and weird. Mind you, going from 2D to 3D probably felt weird for a lot of people.

You want to see unnatrual and weird? Just watch me playing Halo for the first time, after years of Goldeneye, I was dead lost. :lol:

Basement_Modder said:
You should do a dual analog; just hook one up to the dpad.
now I COULD be wrong (or not :)), but I believe the "D" in D-Pad stands for "digital", as in not analog. ;)

Basement_Modder said:

I'm pretty sure it's been tried before and it's sucked. Remember Sifuf and his analog c-buttons?

grossaffe said:
Basement_Modder said:
now I COULD be wrong (or not :)), but I believe the "D" in D-Pad stands for "digital", as in not analog. ;)
My cousin calls it "the directional pad" That's what I've always assumed it as.

eurddrue said:
My cousin calls it "the directional pad" That's what I've always assumed it as.

I've heard it be called this a couple of times myself. I've never heard it be called the digital pad.

fine :evil:

Fact remains, it is still digital. Trying to make it analog only ended in heartbreak as seen with the analog c-stick (n64).

If you want dual-analog goldeneye/perfect dark, you'll need two controllers.

grossaffe said:
fine :evil:

Fact remains, it is still digital. Trying to make it analog only ended in heartbreak as seen with the analog c-stick (n64).

If you want dual-analog goldeneye/perfect dark, you'll need two controllers.
Actually, on ebay there are terrible quality dual joystick n64 third party controllers. They're very cheap though, like $12.

Back