NM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lithium Polymer Batteries -- How to wire and what to buy.

I'm glad I saw this before buying my batteries. Thanks Hailraizer, awesome guide!

don't these also work with li-ions?(according to title of batteryspace page)

i just finished reading some safety guides on Li-Poly batteries....if I were to have the rigvht charger+PCB, should I run into any trouble?

Well, lithium batteries are dangerous, and can explode. Lithium polymer cells are actually more dangerous I believe, but with a protection circuit the danger is very low compared to just open cells. The protection circuit protects against shorts causing massive failures, prevents overdischarge, overcharge, all those sorts of things. You ought to be fine with one on there.

So you know, if you accidentally short your cell(s) while they're plugged in, the protection circuit will need to be reset by plugging in the charger once, then there should be no problem.

snowpenguin said:
Well, lithium batteries are dangerous, and can explode. Lithium polymer cells are actually more dangerous I believe, but with a protection circuit the danger is very low compared to just open cells. The protection circuit protects against shorts causing massive failures, prevents overdischarge, overcharge, all those sorts of things. You ought to be fine with one on there.

So you know, if you accidentally short your cell(s) while they're plugged in, the protection circuit will need to be reset by plugging in the charger once, then there should be no problem.

As far as I know LiPo batteries are less dangerous, but I'm not sure. All those R/C people have to use balancing chargers and constantly have their batteries blow up, because they haven't discovered PCBs. :dah:

well, what voltage do you want?

Dr.Rawr said:
What PCB would I use for the first battery you linked us to (http://www.batteryspace.com/highpowerpo ... arate.aspx) It gives specs as to what type, but I can't seem to find one. :sweat:

Sorry for my insanely lame finding-things-skills, and thanks

I linked to the Pcb's needed for using those batteries at 7.4v , 11.1v and 14.8v.

If you want just a 3.7v battery by itself use this Pcb :
http://www.batteryspace.com/pcbfor37vli ... limit.aspx

And this charger:
http://www.batteryspace.com/smartcharge ... isted.aspx

hailrazer said:
I linked to the Pcb's needed for using those batteries at 7.4v , 11.1v and 14.8v.

Hm. I guess I didn't see it. Perchance my amazing noob eyes can ignore more than stickies :dah:
Sorry about that

Hey guys, quick question: How am I supposed to get power from the batteries to my system? Do I just solder from the charge/load section of the pcb to the system, or do I solder the batteries directly to the system?

zeturi said:
Hey guys, quick question: How am I supposed to get power from the batteries to my system? Do I just solder from the charge/load section of the pcb to the system, or do I solder the batteries directly to the system?
The P+ and P- on the protection circuit are for both charging and discharging.

I was planning on making a series of four paralleled batteries (2 paralleled and series'd to another 2 paralleled. Or would I just need three, one to increase the voltage and another to increase the voltage?) so the PMC won't work. Also, how would I charge multiple batteries?

Sorry for the noob questions :oops:

Wow, *Can'tSayThisOnTV* you J.D, you're a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing retarded little lovely lady, and I'm tired of your trolling bullflax.

You're prepubescent and it's starting to show.

trollface.jpg

Problem, Admin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back