New Xbox 360 Slim

snowpenguin said:
It is NOT cheaper, it's the same price.
no. it is cheaper.

regular 360 = 300$
250gb drive = 250$
wireless router = 100$ (is the N one more?)
total cost = 650$

new 360 = 299$

total = 299$

thats cheaper. and i agree with XCVG.
they basically said, "hey guys, lets make it a ps3!"
touch buttons, shiny black, internal harddrive (though they still *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed that up) and one big quiet fan. took em long enough. *Can'tSayThisOnTV*tards.

It actually kinda made me mad that they did this. It's a good concept and great for people wanting to get into Xbox with money being their decision maker. It's annoying though that all the existing Xbox owners had to shovel out more money to get the same thing, and the fact that Microsoft will almost certainly have no trade in options. But really, Xbox was 300 before, then you had to pay 99 fricken dollars just for a wireless adapter for those who had wireless interenet with the router on the other side of the house (like me). Plus the fact that the MW2 edition of the 360 that was more money was the only one that came with the 250g HDD. Now it comes stock? I just think it's ridiculous....ahwell I'll probably end up getting sucked into that buy as well....it annoys me how much of a money making scheme microsoft is.

Actually, you can trade this in at Gamestop and pay only $90 for the Slim.

A similar problem arose with the iphone 3g-3gs, and will probably happen with the 3gs-4.

I remember my sister got enough money free after buying a 3g before the price drop to buy a new camera at apple.com.

I think jd is confused, the deal is trade in the old on for the new and they bump up the price to $100 store credit. Which is still a rip off. Sell it on ebay is what I would do.

bentomo said:
I think jd is confused, the deal is trade in the old on for the new and they bump up the price to $100 store credit. Which is still a rip off. Sell it on ebay is what I would do.
I think you can only trade in so much stuff. You can trade in until you only have $90 left to pay in cash and you have to pay that much at least I think.

I called and asked them if they're were any deals for trading the old for the new and they said that if you trade an old xbox 360 for a new slim the bump up the trade value to $100 towards the slim. Anything else trading is just store credit at a normal price.

Mine 360 broke too, it refused to open on occasion or even read any disc. sometimes it would say "play multi media disc" or "please insert this disc into an xbox 360 console" :gonk: [/threadjacking]

-Arrow-> said:
Mine 360 broke too, it refused to open on occasion or even read any disc. sometimes it would say "play multi media disc" or "please insert this disc into an xbox 360 console" :gonk: [/threadjacking]

Do you use disc covers? Sometimes certain ones will stop xbox's from reading them correctly.

That happened to mine. Disc read errors and "Please insert this disc into an XBOX 360 console", then it just stopped reading altogether. So I sold it for the same price I bought it for lul.

Jidan said:
-Arrow-> said:

Do you use disc covers? Sometimes certain ones will stop xbox's from reading them correctly.

nope, never even heard of them

Back