New way to Relocate Cart Slot!

mymixed

I think I have found a new way for cartridge relocation, someone might have done this but should still be helpful :)

The working Relocation:
5077584788_bd4168da5a_z.jpg

Remove the back port but keep all the pins!
5077584132_e4e8b66536_z.jpg

Solder all the cartridge's pins like normal:
5077584582_5c61a74501_z.jpg

Bend down all the pins carefully and solder to them:
5076990263_558f9b6969_z.jpg

This makes a clean relocation! I hope this guide is helpful. I'll get new pictures soon with a better camera. Thanks,

mymixed

P.S. This is my first working relocation.

just solder to the joints underneath the pins saves space and you dont have to worry about breaking pins. glad to see you got your cart slot working though.

Thanks! I will probably hot glue the pins down to the board so they don't move around and cross in the portable.

You still have the expansion slot on the back of the board. It may be a new way, but I don't see how it's better.

When i started relocating stuff on my gc mobo i thought this way was easyier, turns out its just stupid, if you desolder well the pins ( in your case, when they are broken just pull them out with pliers while heating) you'll just have to heat your wire with a little solder on it and it will go right in, this works on any board. And your "new way" to relocate - which is nothing new at all, i mean maybe i didn't get the whole picture but i mean anyone could, and surely has already figured it out - is just crappy when there are mor than 2 lines of pins close, i e : dd mobo relocation

And be nice to beta, i think he has done more of this than you

We'll see. :neutral2: I did this because I didn't want to buy another N64. I'll do it normally on my next N64p.

EDIT: its also quick.

The exp. is useless for portables, so I used the pins and tried something new. :) Looking forward to your next N64p.

I don't see the point. Just heat up the holes like normal and shove a piece of single stranded wire in there.(to keep it neat, if you do it with stranded it could turn into a jumbled mess) Simpler than this, FYI.

Back