Need good tips for what material I should use to make case

loip90876

I'm planning making a N64P this summer-I've never made a portable console before- so im a beginner, tell me what type of casing I should use, and how to form it.

It's up to you, but you basically have these options:

1) Premade Enclosure: It's mostly made, but you still have to do quite a bit of modding. This kind of overlaps with frankencasing.
2) Frankencasing: Making or modding a case from something completely different, like a Datamax or food containers. Can look nice or like crap.
3) Vacuforming: Make a mold, then vacuform some hot plastic over it. Can produce great cases but requires lots of effort and can be hard to make it look good.
4) Build a Case: Build a case, usually from plastic but sometimes from other stuff, like wood even. Obviously it depends how good you are at building with a material.

XCVG said:
It's up to you, but you basically have these options:

1) Premade Enclosure: It's mostly made, but you still have to do quite a bit of modding. This kind of overlaps with frankencasing.
2) Frankencasing: Making or modding a case from something completely different, like a Datamax or food containers. Can look nice or like crap.
3) Vacuforming: Make a mold, then vacuform some hot plastic over it. Can produce great cases but requires lots of effort and can be hard to make it look good.
4) Build a Case: Build a case, usually from plastic but sometimes from other stuff, like wood even. Obviously it depends how good you are at building with a material.

I don't like #3, because that would be a bit costly-but I like the first 2 ideas.

mako321 said:
but hard.
only if you want to do it well. it also depends on how good you are with working with the material you make the mold out of, be it clay, wood, or otherwise. ;)

Then you would need to make a vacume foruming table

If this is your first mod, like me, id recommend the ZN-40 or 45, im doing an SNESp, and this is the case im using.

QuickSkop3 said:
Then you would need to make a vacume foruming table

If this is your first mod, like me, id recommend the ZN-40 or 45, im doing an SNESp, and this is the case im using.

I'm not doing vacuforming, I'm using a dremmel with ZN-45 plastic.

Good choice, It is a over used case, but it will probably fit and get it done nicely (smooth out the top of it, so it looks flat, and buy a Flush one, textured.)

QuickSkop3 said:
Good choice, It is a over used case, but it will probably fit and get it done nicely (smooth out the top of it, so it looks flat, and buy a Flush one, textured.)

Yeah textured, because it would go great if you change the color.

Back