Need a flammable gel

samjc3

#1 Female Member
Exactly what the title says. I need flammable gelatin. Preferably clear, and thin enough to spray out of a normal spray bottle, but thick enough to not run. The more flammable the better. I know how to make napalm and all that jazz, jellied alcohol and more, but they are over thick and under flammable. Clear would rock too, as it wont show so much. (not saying exactly what I am up to yet) Since my extensive knowledge of fire related stuff fails me, I figured I would ask you people.

Most things that spray out of an aerosol can are flammable, so maybe white lithium grease spray... I don't know man, that's a hard bill to fill.

Hmmm... could you take a flammable liquid and mix it with a thicker substance, maybe corn syrup? Just a thought.

Would laundry detergent and gasoline work? I've read you can make napalm with it, might just meet your needs.

brunoip said:
You really have to post pictures when you finish your "creation",
Certainly.
robm said:
Most things that spray out of an aerosol can are flammable, so maybe white lithium grease spray... I don't know man, that's a hard bill to fill.
I thought about aerosol stuff, but most of it is barely flammable once its not aerated. When I get my supplies I'll be trying all the standard stuff including most household flammables, all of the 'olines, and some exotics too, such as my limited supply of nitromethane, and various napalm and jellied alcohol blends, of course. (Dont ask me how I got it, Im not telling) I just hope something works well.

Also picking up a bunch of colorants to make the fire pretty colours. (strontium carbonate, copper chloride, potassium chloride and more)

@bush: I think corn syrup would probably neutralize the fuel, but I am looking at some other thickening agents.
@Vskid: I'll be trying all sorts of napalm (styrene base, OJ base, detergent base)

Dang, DK beat me to it. But yeah, alcohol-containing hand sanitizer sounds about right. Some smells nasty, some has a lot of water, and some are thicker than others. There's a lot of variety, though. You may be able to thin the stuff with alcohol as well.

well i don't know if this is helpful or not but some of that aftershave stuff like eletric shave and stuff is very flammable my and my friends would wet a dollar bill then dip it in the after shave and lite it on fire it wouldn't burn till like 5mins after but anyways that stuff is very flammable but i don't know if this was helpful or not

Since it's been bumped anyway...

The other day I saw this stuff, either in a gardening store or Home Depot (can't remember). It's sold as "Fuel Gel" or something like that- it's for burning in decorative torches I think. The stuff is fairly liquidy as far as I could tell, and a cursory examination revealed that it is alcohol-based. I think it would behave kind of like hand sanitizer, except less smelly and cleaner burning.

Back