N64Mini Revision 3

LOCtronicz

Formerly known as zenloc
Here's one of many produced N64mini's I have done. This is my latest model which is 100% compatible with all n64 games.

img1757mz.jpg

img1758ls.jpg

img1759lp.jpg

img1760y.jpg

Check http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... e56b444ade for more pics and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP74Cdufx6s for a vid of it in action.

Specs:

PAL N64 console with expansion pack
5" LED modded PsOne screen (video input connected from console is S-video)
Hori control pad with gamecube analog, double z buttons and original start button
Smaller speakers (the original psone screen speakers didn't fit inside the case)
4 cell li-ion 7.4v battery (4hours battery life)
Digital brightness and volume buttons
Charge and power jack with 3 way power switch (play from power supply and charge at the same time)
Expansion port (for memorycard/rumble and transfer packs)
Low level battery indicator (green led turn red once it has about 20% of battery life left) [Daftmike made this for me]
Docking (ps2) connector (has all controller data lines, 3.3v, ground, composite and audio lines)
Headphone jack

Docking station pics are also in the link. Obviously the docking station for this model will be black as the one in the pic is blue.

It's hard to say at this point, but I do believe you may have made the first portable with a dock that doesn't *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing suck.

Congrats.

You know it's good when all I can find to complain about is the slightly crooked docking port.
This is amazing.

Do *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing want. :tophat: Yet another perfect portable from Zenloc.
I am not worthy to gaze upon a portable with beauty as immense as this. :awesome:

As soon as I get my vehicle situation worked out, expect an EPIC commission from me.

You know, I don't usually write a lot about portables. Sometimes it's "Cool, love it." "Neat!" "Awesome!" etc. Occasionally though, one will come along that will really strike my fancy, and I'll write something other than a generic compliment.

I take pride in being able to say that I've seen just about every single n64 portable ever, and I've made quite a few myself.

This portable, though. Everything about it is right. What I mean is, the layout is perfect, like, legitimately perfect. Case is shaped perfectly, too. There isn't a single thing I can think of that would improve this design.

You're much better at this than everyone else.

SS

Thanks everybody!! :mrgreen: Really did my best to make this design the best it could be. I also couldn't think of anything to make it any better than it already is. The only thing I think that still can be improved is the docking station. This was the first time me trying something like that.

Maybe the next time I'll go allout on the dock and see what I come up with.

If anybody has any thoughts though on what could be better let me know. I really appreciate everybody's opinion here. :D

I also won't be selling just the case either. It takes allot of time to make the cases like this. Filling, sanding, filling, sanding, filling sanding, painting, painting, painting, painting..... you get the picture :wtf:

Definitly takes more work than the electronics all together so to sell them would be really expensive. Don't think people would be willing to fork out $200 for just a case ;)

Looking at it again, the placement for the volume and brightness controls *seems* a tad inconvenient. the only other place I can think of for them, though, is on the back, where they would look bad, or on the bottom, where they would be inaccessible while docked.

I don't know how it is to actually use, of course, it just looks cumbersome to adjust.

Anyway, once again, I can not even begin to compliment the awesomeness of this enough. It may not be the smallest, but Dang, it's sexy.

Actually it is the smallest with a flush cartridge and 4 hours battery. Others have made smaller with less features, the cartridge sticking out and having less battery life.

So it is the smallest of it's kind. As for the vol/bright buttons they are fine to use, just like shoulder buttons. There is no place else where they can be put which look nice and won't be a hassle after it's docked.

ShockSlayer said:
You know, I don't usually write a lot about portables. Sometimes it's "Cool, love it." "Neat!" "Awesome!" etc. Occasionally though, one will come along that will really strike my fancy, and I'll write something other than a generic compliment.

I take pride in being able to say that I've seen just about every single n64 portable ever, and I've made quite a few myself.

This portable, though. Everything about it is right. What I mean is, the layout is perfect, like, legitimately perfect. Case is shaped perfectly, too. There isn't a single thing I can think of that would improve this design.

You're much better at this than everyone else.

SS

I completely agree with SS here. Zenloc, this portable is truly flawless and intelligently designed for the perfect balance of appearance and comfort. :awesome:

Zenloc, your projects always impress me. No, impress is not the right word, its not superlative enough. There is never an unsanded edge to notice, a spec of discoloration to distract the eye, an odd layout to make one ponder "what was he thinking?". Everything always sits flush, and really is as perfect as one could hope for. Another solid winner to add to your trophy case.

That looks like someone from nintendo made it and sprinkled fairy dust and made it magical. Really nice work, one question though, is there a prevention in the case that makes it so the games can't go in backwards?

Back