N64 Wall Power Question

Spoleyo

so i am wondering how you make a power jack on your n64ps. can you just solder the orginal jack through wires the the pins with my batteries wires on it?

No, because that would damage the batteries. You really need a switch unless you have batteries that are capable of charging and playing at the same time, but I don't know how possible that is with what you have (rechargeable AAs?). Anyway, I would recommend a switch. As well as double checking your messages for grammatical errors before you post, so that we don't have to decipher what you're trying to say.

well no, i have no batteries...i believe they were overcharged. then will i be able to do that?

and sorry for my grammar...big thumbs..tiny touch screen buttons :lol:

You could, yes, but there's really no reason not to buy new batteries and not mess them up this time, unless you don't care that your "portable" will need to be plugged into the wall/car to run.

well no, i need batteries and am getting some, but they wont be arriving any time soon. i am going on vacation on thursday and wish to play this so the only way is by wall power and plug it into my planes outlet. i am going to just add the orginal power (since i dont know how to make my own without the huge brick on it),and just put batteries in when i arrive home :D

OH!!! YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION MAKES SENSE NOW!

I doubt your plane will have an outlet but solder that original jack back on all you want :D

well i checked online and my flight does!!! :D

so i will just add it...do you know a way to make your own without the big box on the adaptor?

well, you could use any random charger or power source you have lying around that is ~7-8 volts, but you need 3.3v as well, right, and last time I checked you were pretty sketchy on wiring the regulator, so, you might want to be safe and just rewire the original power plug for the original power source and use that. However, if you are feeling crafty, then yes, you could use an old charger or something like that to power it that doesn't necessarily have to be the large brick of an n64 power source.

*whispers* get that multimeter

well i finally got the regulator right because my n64 DID turn on before the batteries broke....but i really am not sure about how to use any old charger...so unless i find a guide about it im just using original power supply....and btw..i ordered a multimeter with my batteries :D

DON'T take a N64p, especially one as rickety as yours on a plane. It will be confiscated and you will be stuck at the airport while security disposes of it and questions you.

You can take it in your suit case that goes into the cargo bay of the airplane, but you can't take it as a carry-on.

well ive taken n64s in my back no problem.

after wiring the power jack on the n64...the n64 is powering!

but i found out the original power cant power the screen too :evil2: FFFFFFF

does anybody know a way to get the screen powering with the original power???

EDIT: going to make my own plug for the screen, but i opened the charger (outputs ~6V) and have no idea what to solder them to...can someone point me to a guide or explain to me what to do?

Make sure it can deliver enough amps, too. Something around 2-3 amps, not 500mA or something.

Back