MY SNES Question and statement

QuickSkop3

Ok, So this is the circuit ive prepared with RobM.
Powercircuitswitch-1.jpg

The only problems im looking at are:

1: Is this gonna work (Already verified with RobM, but he said he knows little about the SNES)

2: the SNES frying when I attach a 7.4V connection to it, that gonna happen? If so, how could I attach the 7805 in this case? If so, how would I?

3: should I really buy 2 different colors of wire? Black and Red.

4: Which soldering Iron should I get from here, or do they all look Flux?
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Search.aspx?language=en-CA&keywords=Soldering+Iron&pagenum=0

5: Who wants to buy me one of those 45W Desoldering Irons (the ones that look like turkey basters) and ship it to V9T4R1? P, if your reading this, have you checked out the prices for shipping it to my adress?

Thanks

1. Ya, looks fine, just make sure it's 5v and not 7.4v getting into the SNES.
2. It will fry if you attach 7.4v, and there will be a 7805 already soldered in place to the SNES. If you'd like, though, just run the SNES off the Psone screen's 7805. Then just solder the 7.4v to your screen, and you're good.
3. You don't need different colored wires, it just makes it easier to remember which wire is for what.
4. I use an arts and crafts iron, and otherwise a radioshack iron. I would suggest a radioshack iron, with a $2 warranty.
5. Sorry man, I'd help, but I'm too Dang tired.

Good luck man, if you have any questions I'll try to help!

1. Yes the diagram will work. But you don't need the ground on a switch, ground can be connected throughout the system without a switch.
2. most likely yes it will fry, I don't know that much either, but every snes I've seen uses some kind of regulator to get 5 volts
3. the color doesn't matter, but it's nice to know what wire is going where
4. if you're buying from weller it's a nice iron. Don't buy a cordless because it only lasts 2 hours. Although a radio shack iron will do you fine.
5. 45W is a little high to use a lot on a snes, 15w-30w is fine. And at radio shack irons are only $10

EDIT: not :ninj: enough to beat zeturi

But you are still the creator of the world's smallest n64p, while I am a loser with NO PORTABLES! :gonk:

I accidentally sent 7.4v(8.2/8.4 really, but whatever) into my snes instead of 5, and it somewhat worked with the nintendo logo being corrupted on super metroid and not getting past that.

Yes, keep in mind that fully charged lipos are actually going to measure higher than 7.4v.

1. Where would I put the ground otherwise?
2. @Zeturi, Would you make me a digram of it for me?
3. Il get some anyway
4. That is the equivilant of a radioshack here
5. Im asking someone to order it, then ship it to me, cause no where has it here.
@Bentomo, its the only Soldering Iron with a bulb I could find, feel free to suggest another one thought.

I will throw together a quickie tomorrow; but I will have to borrow one from Ben Heck's book, I do not have any on me and can't easily think of anyone else who will quickly give me permission to shoop them. Of course, I hope Ben doesn't mind.

QuickSkop3 said:
1: Is this gonna work (Already verified with RobM, but he said he knows little about the SNES)
It should.
2: the SNES frying when I attach a 7.4V connection to it, that gonna happen? If so, how could I attach the 7805 in this case? If so, how would I?
Did you remove the 7805 on the board? Put it back on and feed the power through the power jack.
Only suckers buy wire. Scavenge it from wherever.
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Search.aspx?language=en-CA&keywords=Soldering+Iron&pagenum=0
They are all crap. Get a decent one the first time, instead of going through two pieces of flax like me.
5: Who wants to buy me one of those 45W Desoldering Irons (the ones that look like turkey basters) and ship it to V9T4R1? P, if your reading this, have you checked out the prices for shipping it to my adress?
I'm pretty sure you can get a desoldering iron here, if not just get a pump, they work pretty well.
6: You can't play and charge at the same time.

Thanks

XCVG said:
QuickSkop3 said:
It should.
Did you remove the 7805 on the board? Put it back on and feed the power through the power jack.
Only suckers buy wire. Scavenge it from wherever.
They are all crap. Get a decent one the first time, instead of going through two pieces of flux like me.
I'm pretty sure you can get a desoldering iron here, if not just get a pump, they work pretty well.
6: You can't play and charge at the same time.

Thanks

Did I say you could charge and play at the same time? I might have, well thanks.

You can't? D:

I assume that means you can't play and charge at the same time with any PCB, correct? :(

The way you wired it, you can't play and charge at the same time. There are ways to do both at the same time, but it's more complex. It's more a personal taste sort of thing. I could not live without that feature.

EDIT: Fixed epic typos.

The simplest way is to use two power jacks. Connect one jack directly to the battery's protection circuit. That's your charge jack; your charger connects there. Use an on-off-on switch for the portable. On the other side of the switch, connect your power jack. Your power supply connects there. It's a real pain, but it'll work.

ChargeandPlayDiagram.jpg

I made up this one, but id need a better switch.

It could connect: SNES/Battery/charger, or it could : Battery/charger/nothing :awesome:

Sound right?

P.S nobble says, that I need a different battery (2 3.4 li-pos from Battryspace.com) because they cant give and take a charge, is that right?

Since you guys are helping him with the charging bit, I'll just throw this pic into the pile:

powertosnes.png

Sorry about the quick shoop, but it's simple enough to understand. Just pretend that the red lines are your wires. (Ignore the lines leading to the text boxes.) The output pin for the psone screen's 7805 will feed power into your SNES. The other wire will connect the ground pin (the middle pin) of the 7805 to the ground for the SNES.

However this works out, just pretend that the screen is the only thing you're hooking up to batteries. Since your SNES is powered by the screen, as long as the screen is on, the SNES will be powered. Just wire up your batteries, switch and power jack accordingly.

QuickSkop3 said:
ChargeandPlayDiagram.jpg

I made up this one, but id need a better switch.

It could connect: SNES/Battery/charger, or it could : Battery/charger/nothing :awesome:

Sound right?

P.S nobble says, that I need a different battery (2 3.4 li-pos from Battryspace.com) because they cant give and take a charge, is that right?
Anyone know what type of switch that would be called? And just to clarify i said you might need different ones with one power connection and one charge connection. Like the ones in the dvd players.

Back