My Portable GameCube Worklog! (My First Lol)

xXPunisher24Xx

Ok, so some of you guys may have been following my progress on my N64 Portable, but I am going to put it on hold because I rather build a GCP first.

I am actually getting things done way faster than my other worklog.

Wish me luck! :p

Ok Guys, huge update.
Everything is coming along great and is working, and I am trying to figure out stuff on rasping the controller.
If you have tips or see anything wrong, please tell me.
Thanks! :p

Here are some pictures!

imag0079a.jpg

imag0080fl.jpg

imag0081w.jpg

imag0083w.jpg

imag0084a.jpg

imag0085m.jpg

imag0086x.jpg

imag0089a.jpg

Sorry 56k users! ::3:

I would honestly recommend getting some larger wire to go from your power board to your main board. It'll test fine, but larger wire is a lot less likely to break or overheat. If you get a surge, you could burn those wires right out.

@ Tibia
Yeah, thanks for the tip, I am planning on replacing those wires today.
What type of wire do you prefer?
Does the controller wires work better?

I think that's still a bit too thin, personally. Do you have anything about 20 gauge? That's what a lot of computer PSUs use, if you could salvage one.

Ok another update.
I changed the wires that are for the Power regulator going onto the main Board.
The wires I got now work great and don't get hot at all especially when they are near the fan.
Also, for so strange reason, the sound stopped working :sweat: but thanks to Tchay's awesome topic on how to get the audio from a hidden trace, it works again!! :D
Thanks Tchay!!

Ok enough of that, here are some pictures.

imag0090q.jpg

imag0091g.jpg

imag0092t.jpg

Coming along Great!!! :D :D :D

Hey guys i am a bit confused about how this controller rasping works.
I am planning on cutting the bottom controller in half (See picture below) and wiring it to the (hub) controller that is wired to the system, but I'm not sure I am wiring the lower controller right. I connected ground on both controllers and the A button, but when I test the second controller, and push the A button, it gives no response. Also, when I turn on the GameCube, it acts like I'm holding down the A button when I'm not.

So I wanted to know if I am doing something wrong. :sweat:

imag0093c.jpg

Thanks!

Hey guy's, another update!
I was able to figure out the controller rasping with the help of Jidan and with my patience! :D
Here are some pictures of my progress.

imag0095w.jpg

imag0096z.jpg

imag0098z.jpg

imag0099w.jpg

:D :p

Does that work? If so, awesome :D it looks like you know what you're doing as far as soldering straight to the traces. Can't wait to see more :)

EDIT: Also, make sure that rubber isn't going to move - it looks like it's not straight on top of the contacts and if it moves any more, it could be so that it's not making contact between the two parts anymore.

Back