My opinion on the current state of ModRetro...

AfroLH

Frequent Poster
I have a few things I need to get out...

1. Words like F***, and Ass**** should not be allowed. They are very offensive and can potentially turn away a few visitors from joining or even looking at this forum. You guys really need to tone it down with the language. And you Mods need to step up and do your job and either Edit the posts or remove them.

2. Some of the members here are being very disrespectful to one another. Now I will not say any names, but seriously guys... I thought you were better than that. Saying stuff like "Who gives a flax" is really mean and disrespectful. You can at least word it nicely.

3. Admins, I think you guys should take a good look at some of the mods before you elect them. I know most of them are good, but I really do not like the way they run things sometimes.

If this stuff doesn't get straightened out, I may consider just dropping off the scene.

I'm sorry if I offended anybody in this topic, that was not my intention.
And remember, theses are just my opinions, Do not flame me.

Thanks for your time,
AfroLH

There is a word filter. You probably don't have it on. It should be on my default. I'm not really sure if it's actually in working order or not.
icon_confused.gif

Somebody doesn't like beta. And to moan some more, we need the old smilies back NAO!!! I'd really like ShockSlayer to be back in power, and if it is because of what he did to my signature, :lol: you guys lack a ball sack. I don't know who did it, but it seems like the instant that SS became a "mod" we got all of these lame smilies. I hope somebody with a brain fixes them. Another rant I have is that we shouldn't have to love everybody else. We are allowed legally to dislike somebody, it's not like there is an amendment that says, "No disliking other people or some dude named john will come and have to break it up." If SS editing my signature was unprofessional, what is banning due to evading the word filter, BACTERIA. Bacteria said that he could've banned me for writing "WH0RE" in my signature, and that I should be thankful that he didn't. Now that sounds like an abuse of power. Also, everybody claims that basement_modder and I are the main spammers, but bacteria's posts contain no more revelence than ours do, and he's 100 or so posts ahead of us :rolleyes:

And no, the word filter doesn't work too well.

eurddrue said:
Somebody doesn't like beta. And to moan some more, we need the old smilies back NAO!!! I'd really like ShockSlayer to be back in power, and if it is because of what he did to my signature, :lol: you guys lack a ball sack. I don't know who did it, but it seems like the instant that SS became a "mod" we got all of these lame smilies. I hope somebody with a brain fixes them. Another rant I have is that we shouldn't have to love everybody else. We are allowed legally to dislike somebody, it's not like there is an amendment that says, "No disliking other people or some dude named john will come and have to break it up." If SS editing my signature was unprofessional, what is banning due to evading the word filter, BACTERIA. Bacteria said that he could've banned me for writing "WH0RE" in my signature, and that I should be thankful that he didn't. Now that sounds like an abuse of power. Also, everybody claims that basement_modder and I are the main spammers, but bacteria's posts contain no more revelence than ours do, and he's 100 or so posts ahead of us :rolleyes:

And no, the word filter doesn't work too well.

I vote that we ban eurddrue :lol:

@eurddrue- Its fine if you dislike somebody, I just thought we could be a little more civil about it.
As in no "F*** YOU" or "SCREW YOU" or "NOBODY LIKES YOU".
And I have never called You or Basement_Modder spammers.

You don't have to like everyone, you just have to be nice. Pretend it's real life. Just because that angry cashier is giving you the hairy eyeball doesn't mean you can slap them.

AfroLH said:
@eurddrue- Its fine if you dislike somebody, I just thought we could be a little more civil about it.
I haven't flamed badly for a long time. And the last time I was uncivil I got banned from benheck, I stopped doing that
icon_wink.gif

ßeta said:
You don't have to like everyone, you just have to be nice. Pretend it's real life. Just because that angry cashier is giving you the hairy eyeball doesn't mean you can slap them.

+1

I hate the forums where everybody is an a** (f***, I used a w*rd) every time somebody asks a question or says something wrong.

eurddrue said:
AfroLH said:
I haven't flamed badly for a long time. And the last time I was uncivil I got banned from benheck, I stopped doing that
icon_wink.gif

I'm not saying you have. I'm just saying it in general.

nevermind1534 said:
ßeta said:

+1

I hate the forums where everybody is an a** (f***, I used a w*rd) every time somebody asks a question or says something wrong.

I don't like censors. Swear if you want, it rarely makes you look more intelligent, or make people take you more seriously.

Oh yeah, And maybe we should stop focusing on such mundane things such as which smileys are better and focus on getting this to be a forum where everyone can feel welcome, nobody gets offended, and rule-breakers get punished.

ßeta said:
nevermind1534 said:
ßeta said:

+1

I don't like censors. Swear if you want, it rarely makes you look more intelligent, or make people take you more seriously.

I'm not necessarily that saying I like them, but sometimes, they are necessary.

The word filter should be taking care of the swearing. :( Anybody else have this problem? Hmmm... "Flamboyant Homosexual" *Can'tSayThisOnTV* lovely lady asshole

If you guys dislike some of our mods, let me know in a PM why, and I will deal with it. I do not want people in power you guys dislike, would a poll voting for mod promotion/demotion make you happy? (Sorry, admins are off limits). ;)

SS being a mod is mostly because he does not want to get caught up in any coming crossfire between MR and BH as an admin, and it is hopefully just temporary.

And, if you guys have any problems, use the report post system! I cannot know when you are unhappy about something unless you tell me. ;)

Anything I missed?

We should have a filter for pointless spam. Also,
THERE IS NO NEED TO QUOTE SOMEONE IF THEIR COMMENT IS NEAR YOURS!

Example:
Randommodder132: 'Posts a topic about his awesome Sega portable, which is about half the page, full of pictures and crap'

Upstairsguywhomods: '3 posts down, quotes the whole post Randommoddder123 made' :) cool man!

One more thing. We need the old smilies back. We replaced 15 good smilies with 31 "shoddy" ones.

J.D said:

I do it for refrence in case the person may change their post.
It also makes it easier to point out certain things.

J.D said:
We should have a filter for pointless spam. Also,

Example:
Randommodder132: 'Posts a topic about his awesome Sega portable, which is about half the page, full of pictures and crap'

Upstairsguywhomods: '3 posts down, quotes the whole post Randommoddder123 made' :) cool man!

One more thing. We need the old smilies back. We replaced 15 good smilies with 31 "shoddy" ones.

My idea is keep the normal ones and the shoddy ones.

I personally like the new smileys.
No matter, I think that you guys need to stop posting that everywhere.
I think everyone knows by now that you want the old smileys back...

Back