My New N64 Portable!!!

Cojiro

n64.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KEAhPDpXi4

This is my new N64p. I have worked on it off and on for about 7 months now and am finally finished. Here are some of its features:

Zenith Screen, unmodded
9v 5400mAh battery (4 hours)
a/v out port
1st and 2nd player controller ports, with 1st player switch
super pad controller
DC-96P case from polycase.com

Tell me what you think!

Please don't post links like that. It's starting to get irritating. If you are lazy you can just copy and paste your post in and it should work, as MR and BH both use PHPbb.

Those were some nice compliments, XCVG. :)
Oh wait, you DIDN'T GIVE HIM ANY. :o

Very nice for a first portable, Luke. :) It looks pretty good.
Also, moved to the news forum.

XCVG said:
Please don't post links like that. It's starting to get irritating. If you are lazy you can just copy and paste your post in and it should work, as MR and BH both use PHPbb.

Wrong side of the bed XCVG? We forgive you ;)

GREAT PORTABLE MAN!!! I am totally an advocate for the portrait style (what you called "vertical"). I like the placement on this portable very much. My second portable gamecube will be pretty similar to your set-up (although smaller case).

Thanks, I am as well. Portrait style gamecube portable - that's going to be pretty cool.

I wish I had gotten it into a smaller case, but I suppose that since it was my first portable I am able to use that for an excuse for it being so big. Of course, this consolation won't be available to me for future projects...

Tchay said:
XCVG said:

Wrong side of the bed XCVG? We forgive you ;)

GREAT PORTABLE MAN!!! I am totally an advocate for the portrait style (what you called "vertical"). I like the placement on this portable very much. My second portable gamecube will be pretty similar to your set-up (although smaller case).

FYI I posted in his other thread, which is like two threads down.

Sorry, XCVG, I didn't see that one.

Luke, you only need to make one thread. :p

yeah, sorry guys. my fault.

I thought I was supposed to post one in the "N64" forum and then a link to that one in the "Finished Projects" forum, but then one of the administrators put a duplicate of the N64 one into the Finished Projects forum, so I ended up having one in the N64 forum and two in the Finished Projects forum. So yeah, it's no one's fault but mine. But if one of the administrators could delete the other one in the Finished Projects forum that only has like 3 posts that would be great.
-Thanks

That looks very nice and comfortable, especially for a first-time effort. I like it.

Yeah, sorry, that was me. I didn't notice you already had a thread here.
But, just for future reference, only post one thread about a single topic.
I'll put the other comments here.

luke_hankins said:
n64.jpg

This is my new N64p. I have worked on it off and on for about 7 months now and am finally finished. Here are some of its features:

Zenith Screen, unmodded
9v 5400mAh battery (4 hours)
a/v out port
1st and 2nd player controller ports, with 1st player switch
super pad controller
DC-96P case from polycase.com

Tell me what you think!

Pretty nice for a first portable! It's a little big and I don't like portraits, but it's not huge, and to be fair portrait has a lot of advantages. There are lots of niggly things I don't like though. The mono audio and weird shoulder buttons kind of turn me off. Jumper pak is bleh, but after trying to find expansion paks for a decent price I can see why you used one. On the bright side, I think the battery is really neat. How exactly did you hold it in? It's a pretty nice job for a first portable, and if you do another one it'll probably be pretty good, period.

Thanks for the compliments.
The jumper pak I only used to save battery life. The only thing I don't really like about it is yes, it is really big. But I was a noob when I started and I'm sure my future projects will be better. The audio in the actual system is stereo, I just decided to wire it mono for the a/v out because I already had a cable and plugs for just composite video and mono audio (I don't know how to say that - just the white and yellow plug) so since I'm rarely going to be hooking it up to a regular tv anyway i thought I'd save money by not buying extra parts. but yeah, the audio inside the actual portable is stereo. The battery I do like because I plan on getting another one just like it so I can be playing on one and charging the other. As it turned out, it being plugged in and wedged into the slot that I cut for it was enough to hold it in place and keep it from slipping out while playing, and be able to take out easily. As for the triggers, I didn't know if my idea would turn out or not, but when I finished I was surprised how perfectly it fit into my hand. If you held it you would see what I mean. I'm not unhappy with it at all.

Back