My first finished Gameboy mod! Grey/orange

Casey

Newb
bW5JQ.jpg

My first Gameboy mod!
I used Montana Gold spray paint, orange buttons and white backlight from ASM Retro, black screen and white buttons from Kitsch-Bent.
I'm pretty pleased with it for my first go, but not 100% satisfied. The screen's hole for the LED is too big and doesn't look good. Will probably replace it with one from ASM Retro. Also, I would like to light up all the buttons but don't know how, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated.
Overall, I'm pretty chuffed!

Backlighting buttons is a Sega. More trouble than it's worth, and you don't get the same crisp button press you normally would.

You could backlight buttons without messing them up. I'd get a few small white LEDs and glue them to the inside of your case pointing towards your buttons. That way they dont actually interfere with the button press. That should work since your buttons are pretty transparent.

pkmnjunky7 said:
You could backlight buttons without messing them up. I'd get a few small white LEDs and glue them to the inside of your case pointing towards your buttons. That way they dont actually interfere with the button press. That should work since your buttons are pretty transparent.

Yeah, just a bit of a glow would be okay. Don't need them to be mega bright. I don't know much about electronics though, so I don't know where the lights would be soldered to?

Kickback said:
Looks good, always nice to have more british members in these parts too.

Represent!
The only drawback is that it takes a while for parts to arrive from the US..

Back