Multiplayer GBA setup.

Mr. Hooker

got a load of GameBoy Color, Advance, Sp, system's and games from Craigslist over the weekend for cheap.

I'm going to buy 4 GC to GBA link cables and 4 GBA to GBA link cables from ebay this week.

The plan.
mod 4 GBA's to play multi player GBA and GC games.

GBA's will have a ether front light or led mod's.
Might replace the screen cover with scratch resistant lexan.
Link cable's and power lines will be intergrated instead of detachable.
Power will come from a central power source instead of rechargeable / replaceable AA batteries.
Central power source will run off of A/C wile connected to the Game Cube
or 18v cordless power tool batteries, wile playing multi player GBA games.

The idea is to be able to take 4 GBA's to random places full of strangers without worrying about one of my GBA's walking away. Main event: Zelda Four Sword's, anywhere!

Also thinking of doing the same to 2 GBC's.

Sounds pretty sweet. For a central thing you could just have a project box in the middle. That would provide a lot of room for things like batteries. I think you should just get some Li-Po's or small Ni-Mh batteries to use instead of a 18v drill battery. That would be really heavy to lug around but the other batteries could provide more life and be a lot lighter.

I already have a cordless Porta Cable tool set, with four 18v batteries, with a broken flash light that the battery connector still works fine. so its ready to be moded onto something. long life, easily slap a fully charged one in at any time, built in protection circuit and has a smart charger.

Thats a good idea using a project box in the middle.
I was thinking of a small plastic tool box. something with a handle, room for the Battery, 4 GBA's, game's, and a small closed in spot for the rest. 12"-18" long, 4"-6" wide, 4"-8" tall. big enough to hold everything, small enough to carry around and sit on a coffee table and have 6'-8' of wire's going to each GBA.

This is the best of the failed attempts to led mod a GBA,
http://youtu.be/4zDfYvxI3IQ
It does not work well at all. So now I'll wait a bit to see what Bibin comes up with before I gut a few/bunch GBA SP's to front light four GBA's and two GBC's. Unless someone knows where to buy just the front light's?

I found the small tool box I'm going to use, and I'm planing to add a game cube in it. so not only can it play four player GBA games (like The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords) it will also play GC games that use the GBA's in multiplayer games (like The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures). undecided if I'll add a small screen for the GC, or just have it ready to hook up to one.

I'd say at least throw in a 3.5" or 4.3" screen. They are super cheap and will allow you to play from any outlet rather then need a screen beside it as well. Did you try cutting off the top part of the LED? that would help majorly with spreading the light out.

ya, I might add a small screen for kicks.

I did the led's a few deferent ways, the best results was just sanding 2 sides to flatten it down then re shape the tip to spread the light at a wider angle, problem is the light just glares across the screen with the position of the led's, only thing I can think of is maybe adding some polarized film might help.

on one try I even used clear glue to fuse the led to the side of the screen, light just does not pass far from the edges. it's very limiting.

Personally, what I'd do is take a strip of SMD white LEDs and put those along an edge or two. That'd give you more even lighting. I'd play around with the voltage to try and dim them a bit.

Back