MRCT

SS, I'll see if I can go to your house, and we'll take a midnight train going anywhere.

July 16-19 (Fri-Mon) is what I'm thinking right now.
Is that too long? No one has to be there for the whole thing except me though, so I think 4 days keeps things nice and flexible.

Thoughts?

I will have set up the 15' workbench in the basement for soldering and caseworky stuff, and also have all the power tools needed for making vac-form molds. I will also have vac form plastic. I will probably have a bunch of extra piecesparts that you can buy at cost if you're short a screen or something.

Any thoughts on any of this, anyone?

Oh, and I live 10ish minutes away from Bridgeport train station, which is on the New Haven Metro North line from Grand Central Terminal. I can do pickups and drop offs to the train.

I live in Shelton, CT.

Dang I so wanna go to this.

It's been a long long time since I've been out-of-state.

16th-19th sounds awesome.

It would be totally awesome and only kinda creepy to have you be there!

Hope you can make it.

robm, what are you going to tell your kids and wife that you are doing? XD

"Imma go many states away to chill with some teenagers and Jidan."

SS

SS, I'm 17...the exact same age as you to the day. :l

How did you guys think I was that old? o.O

I'm 28.

Gonna talk to the wife about this today.

Someday you will all be married and understand this.

And sympathize.

Yes.

This'll be my first roadtrip after quitting smoking. This might be tough. Though it has been over two years...

Bring a 12 pack of root beer or something for the ride.

So like, I'm hearing from some people that they want to do things other than play video games, watch movies, and make stuff.

Is this so?

It may be so, but I think doing something more epic would be better.

MRCT, out of which came the...

[insert awesome portable here]

Agreed.

And not just one thing, either. We have the potential to make a LOT of cool things. It's the perfect opportunity to make multiples of the same thing. Two people cutting and sanding two (or more) identical cases, two people soldering guts. I bet we could make- no kidding- like 5 VERY GOOD portables in a 10 hour day with 5 people, not including painting.

ModRetro isn't just modding, you know that beta. :awesome:

We can mod lots of stuff, yeah, but I think some of us might find a couple other activities fun, too.

I am my own assembly line. Making 5 portables in a day is nothing new to me. :p

SS

I'll probably save some work on my Gamecube for when we're up there, if no one minds :)

But I would love to do the whole make a bunch of portables thing. What about the materials? :confused:

Back