MR Skype Chat/Group

Zero

ModRetro Legend
Administrator
We had one of these way back in the day iirc, but I'm going to try and start a new one up. I feel it might be more convenient for people who don't like to idle in the web chat until someone shows up, especially if you already leave skype running anyway.

So basically if you're interested either post your skype name here or PM it to me and I'll add you to the group.

I don't see why we couldn't just promote/make better use of the modretro steam group chat?

Skype notifies you automatically of messages you're a member of, where I do not believe steam does that unless you are actually in the chat room, which no one ever is. Also, Steam does not have video, so no sexy time on camera.

IRC is perfect for lurking and idling.
I wish modretro users would use it so theres a common place for newbies to drop in and ask questions.
Modretro is an incredible talent pool, and it would certainly help noobs learn quicker
to have a place to ask one off questions.

Also webchat takes up a tab in browsing and is kind of akward to switch back to, and is a bit slow.
Irc has none of those problems, and flashes when you get a message.

I'll try idling on modretros old irc room in the hopes that we get more people to lurk there.

actually scratch that, rizon barrages you with message windows. 4 is too much.

i'll be idling on #modretro at irc.anynet.org
I hope to see you there.

It seems that all of us have IRL to attend to, Skype is probably the best option, the only other thing I could think of is cryptocat.

Anyways, My skype is steamdnt.5.25.1/5.1/9.2.0 Rev3 alphabuild 4 beta 5

The whole point of IRC is that you can not be there for most of it, and still catch up on whats been said.

You can also leave notes for users and host a ftp server.
It can be setup to work in conjunction with the forums, like a forum you
can query through chat.

Anyways I've got an irc bot up in the channel, and I'm hoping to teach him to do useful things like
bring up a list of worklog links when submitted a MR username, or give him a list of forum stickies.

Maybe some calculate and convert scripts.
I'm have trouble with the tcl though, I'm going to have to sit down and learn it :(

I'm gnounc on skype.
Not likely to ever be on it though, unless theres an event.

abyss_pwns, although I never use Skype. I really don't like it much at all.

Back