MR Minecraft Server [ OLD AND LOCKED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MR Minecraft Server

I'm actually not looking forward to damage and working mobs. I like multiplayer the way it is, as a free build mode, but I see the allure of survival multiplayer.

What Minecraft needs, and I hope this will be added in Beta, is better configurability. Even just console commands would be extremely helpful. Apparently you used to be able to select a map theme, now it's automatic. I've had to delete and regenerate worlds because it wasn't the kind I wanted. A free build classic-like mode will be nice, though this can be reasonably approximated with INVedit+Peaceful difficulty.

Rant aside, I haven't played Minecraft in a while. I've finished Hillside for the most part, now I don't know what to do. Build something really epic, like what?

... so... I decided to join in on the fun... I somehow ended up with an awesome face for my head... :O
http://minecraft.net/skin/skin.jsp?user=ttsgeb

... I think I'm going to have as much fun with this as I am the rest of the game... Next idea: koolaid man... wait, damnit, eurdrue...

Anyway, I was amazed to see what you've all accomplished in the game, I hope to add my touch to it soon... It will be boring and industrial-like... yay...

Read the threads, it's here for the finding

tl;dr edition:
mrminecraft.no-ip.org

Also, working on an overlook in eden

overlook.jpg

/warp edenoverlook

Normally, I wouldn't bump, but I have a project I need help with...
In my basement in eden, I want to build a huge chess board with a decorative spire in the middle climbing to my house.
This project will require moving approximately half a million blocks, so It will take some time...
Sketch:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/154/spire001.jpg
Basic idea:
a 50 or so block tall spiral staircase leading down into a hollowed out squared dome with a chess board on the floor.

How to get there: /warp chess
you will be near the top of the dome on the stairs when you spawn.

So, have we reverted back to a past backup? Because a house I built is now completely gone

Yeah, it reverted 2 days to the 4th. It's the seem map that you see in the cartographer thread

The backup plugin failed, and then the server crashed...

Is the server up?

I run a small server for me and my friends, and I've gotten damage to work. My server is a Hey0 modded one, with a plugin called MixxitPlugin, which essentially creates a basic damage and health system, allowing for survival mode to be survival.

Right now the server is down. Or at least when I last checked. There was a new client released, so he has to debug because of the plugins interfering with the new client.

We're running hey0's mod too, so I'm waiting for him to update his mod before we can get back online (I'm aware of the temporary fix by another user, but it breaks things and hey0 is doing an official release soon anyway), then I'll have to deal with checking plugins and what not. Also, I saw the damage plugin a while back and even showed it to someone (JD, I think it was), but didn't install because it seemed way too buggy. Has it gotten better?

Zero said:
Also, I saw the damage plugin a while back and even showed it to someone (JD, I think it was), but didn't install because it seemed way too buggy. Has it gotten better?
I vaguely remember some people say they've had some success running it on their servers. I'd just wait till an official update by Notch, it'll probably slightly less buggy.

At the moment there are no health bar updates on the client and there is no fall damage, drowning or lava death.

Hardly seems 100%, but ok. :p

EDIT: Hey0 updated his server mod and I updated the MR server to it, we're now back online with the fixes from yesterday's update.

J.D said:
Map reverted again :stare:

Actually happened on the 9th or 10th and it wasn't just us. The map backup plugin had a glitch after the Halloween Update where it would not renable saving on the server and then wouldn't back up anything after that point. I downloaded a fixed version a few days ago by a forum member on hey0's forum because the original author disappeared. Haven't had any problems since and it shouldn't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back