MR Minecraft Server [ OLD AND LOCKED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MR Minecraft Server

Nah its fine, I should have enough. I'll buy some thermal paste and a new cpu cooler tomorrow.

Everyone but me got lagged out, then it told my the connection timed out.

I was making a badass lavafall too D:

I'm totally in for this, I've been playing minecraft for over 2 months now. Can you pm me the ip and stuff?

It's mrminecraft.no-ip.org.

It's down though, Zero is adding fans and new thermal paste.

Ampersand said:
It's mrminecraft.no-ip.org.

It's down though, Zero is adding fans and new thermal paste.
Actually, he's installing tinyxp.

I think Zero might have been kidnapped by Cuban gangbangers or something.

Zero, I'm trying to set up my own server for some friends but I'm having issues. Could you help me out?

Ampersand said:
Really? That's odd, I didn't know it took two days to install tinyxp.

Actually, it didn't. Server was up yesterday for a bit, but the thermal paste didn't do anything. Its running cooler, but those weird crashes were actually happening more often when I tested it with JD and Mako, so being completely stumped as to why it was happening, I thought I should try a different OS. Its not my connection because its on the same LAN as my main PC, and I was crashing too. Its also not the RAM because there is plenty on the PC (3GB with 2 dedicated to MC), and I didn't see any low RAM warnings in the logs. Either way, the server is up now and seems to be running well so that might have been it.

Bush said:
Zero, I'm trying to set up my own server for some friends but I'm having issues. Could you help me out?

Sure, what do you need help with?

Nevermind, had Ip conflicts and port forwarding issues, screw it. Thanks though.

Argh, my laptop barely runs Minecraft singleplayer. In the multiplayer server, I just constantly get lagged to death. I really need to get something better for gaming.

I'm looking into hosting the server for us. I have access to free servers, free hosting. 4 gigabit download. Not joking. There will not be as many problems. Maybe.

JK, I need to provide my own machine unless I can get someone to run a VM for me.

Yep Zero, I finally got booted out for the first time. It's really only had trouble in town though, in the tunnels and caverns it's been pretty lag-free.

Yea, we did some more testing yesterday and it was working fine with absolutely no crashes when no one was in the town. However, shortly after just one person would go to the town-area, they would crash, but anyone not in the town was still fine. :/

I'm thinking it may possibly be the map or something (maybe because it was converted from a single-player map), but I honestly have no idea. If someone else could try hosting the map for a few hours or so it might help us figure out if that's the problem.

βeta said:
I'm looking into hosting the server for us. I have access to free servers, free hosting. 4 gigabit download. Not joking. There will not be as many problems. Maybe.

βeta said:
JK, I need to provide my own machine unless I can get someone to run a VM for me.

If you can manage to pull that off that would be so much better, assuming it's not just the map file.

EDIT: Maybe that would also explain why Amp never crashed a few nights ago, everyone was near the town but him.

Zero, it may be due to the protection. From what I've read, the area protection can do some wonky things.

Well I set the area protection at 0, which should mean that it's off, but now that you mention it, I remember there was still one block that both Mako and JD couldn't break, and it was part of the roof in the spawn building, not the block you actually spawn on.

Yeah, I remember that. *Can'tSayThisOnTV*in' Minecarts don't work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back