MP4/3? Hard drive crash?

master801

I really don't know whats wrong with it but it keeps saying "fat error plz connect to computer. "Later says" HDD". It has a Seagate 6 GB ST1.2 Drive. But the MP4/3 can't even connect to a computer, the computer can't see it but reconizes it. Help me? Also can I use a ipod hard drive?

Official ModRetro Rules said:
0. Necessary formalities:
- Use proper spelling, punctuation, grammar and capitalization.
- If you came here to seek help with your projects, but you can't use any of the above, expect nothing.
- Seriously, nobody wants to help you if you can't spell. Heck, if you can't spell, get spellcheck. Browser doesn't have spellcheck? Get one that does.
- You don't actually talk like that, do you? Another good rule to go by is "type like you talk."
As for the issue, I can't make out any of what you're saying other than that you have a hard drive that isn't recognized by your PC.

What player is this, specifically? Googling MP4/3 reveals a race car and an assault rifle.

It literally says "fat error plz connect to computer"? What kind of back-alley Chinese importer did you buy it from?! :eek:

Kidding aside, sounds like either the file system or the drive itself is pooched. Luckily the Seagate 6 GB ST1.2 is a Microdrive, which means you should be able to pull it and replace it with a regular CompactFlash card. Assuming you live in the US, here's an 8 gig CF card for under $20 shipped. If you're not, CompactFlash cards aren't expensive. You might even be able to save the Microdrive by sticking it into a card reader and formatting it.

Back