ModRetro - Huge Server Upgrade

jleemero

Frequent Poster
ModRetro is now CLOUD-BASED.
ModRetro should be faster all over the world now, thanks to the cloud service's CDN capabilities.
We have protection against numerous kinds of attacks that can occur, including full DDoS protection.
We can even track hackers and potential threats.

The new cloud service has already blocked nearly 300 threats including spammers, botnet slaves, and others.

When our server is down, cached versions of the site can still be fed by the cloud.
If someone tries to DDoS us, not only will they fail, we'll have all their information, all logged automatically.
We can manage and track things like Hotlinking, outgoing links, referrals, etc.
Not to mention full Google Analytics.

We should see a huge reduction in bandwidth usage, CPU usage, down times, and page-load times.

Since the cloud-service was initialized, we have cut our bandwidth usage nearly in half, and the number of requests from the server has been cut down by more than 60%.

The Cloud
emot-aaaaa.gif

Irrelephant, Is it just me or is the "cloud" often represented as a metallic bubble/cloud like shape of some sort?

The links have been very problematic this week. The main URLs mostly. Its hard to even get on the site. Just FYI.

Tchay said:
The links have been very problematic this week. The main URLs mostly. Its hard to even get on the site. Just FYI.

Not sure what you mean, but I don't remember having any problems.

Zero said:
Tchay said:

Not sure what you mean, but I don't remember having any problems.

randomly the site URLS like "modretro.com" and the "forums.modretro.com" and the portal URL will not work and redirect to that familiar road runner pager. They are working atm.

sometimes the "next" button of a topic did it too.

EDIT:
tYzvM.png

Also, loading took forever when I first tried to logon today.

Sounds like you've got a slow DNS.
I fixed all of those errors that you're getting like 4 days ago.

Sadly, this is (I think) your ISP's fault, just give it time, and the errors will stop occurring.

Or just switch to OpenDNS. Takes a few seconds and its pretty worth it.

My download speed is pretty high. like 12.0 mb/s. upload is slow though.

I cleared my cookies and cache and I think that fixed the problem. We'll see.

It has nothing to do with your download/upload speeds, its your ISP's DNS. All you have to do is edit your connection settings to use a better/free option like OpenDNS or similar. For OpenDNS all you'd have to do is have it use 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 .

Back