Modretro Chat 2013/2014: A Revival Initiative

AfroLH

Frequent Poster
It's time to bring back Modretro Chat to it's original state.

I'm calling for all members to do the following:
1. Every time you are on the Forum Front Page, open Chat in a new tab or something
2. Every time you go to chat, stay on for at least 30 minutes. You don't have to constantly check, but check back every now and then. If no one gets on after 30 minutes, you can leave.
3. If someone else is on chat, start up a conversation with them.

Let's do this thing.

Re: Modretro Chat 2013: A Revival Initiative

Chat died because you weren't around to serenade us with your music like you were supposed to during the semester.

My problem is that I'm not usually at my computer long enough to be jumping into chat. :(

I kind of forgot about MR. But I'll start doing this.

Another thing, can we please use the Logout button?
Either that, or get a mod that times out even when a chatroom is empty?

It's one of those minor peeves when you log in and a bunch of people time out. I know it's not a big deal, but whatever.

I agree with Prog on this one. Sometimes you'll try to start conversation only for the person to time out a minute later. The button is there for a reason.

AbyssPWNS said:
I agree with Prog on this one. Sometimes you'll try to start conversation only for the person to time out a minute later. The button is there for a reason.
If they timeout a minute later, then the chat wasn't empty. The only thing an empty-chat based script would stop is people timing out as soon as someone logs in, which is pointless.

Could always embed the chat on the index like the good ol' days, but that's a bit extreme imo.

I am currently in chat. Someone come talk to me while I play Jet Set Radio.

Just a healthy reminder that MR chat still exists.

Let's revive this revival initiative!

BABY(S) COME BACK
YOU CAN BLAME IT ALL ON ME

Gross, Zaxxon'd, and I are always on chat nowadays.

You guys should pop in and say hello sometimes.

I still say IRC is easier to idle in.
If modretro had an active irc channel the chatrooms would be full.
#qc currently has 38 members. and thats probably a low for its 15+ years of activity.

I dont use MR chat because its more difficult to browse the web and use the chat at the same time.

And because a webbrowser is a big memory leaking program that I dont want to leave open.
irc is perfect because you can idle, and someone can get your attention when you're not staring at the screen waiting for someone.

irc really brings a community closer together, and i wish MR would give it a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing try already.
I'm not going to idle a webchat, and I'm not going to frequent one thats always emtpy.
One thats full of idlers who may come back and read the backlog hours later at least presents the opportunity to occasionally run into the person you're looking for, and to run into a handful of people you arent. an irc channel full of idlers is miles better than a webchat with 2 people.

Hopefully that sways someone with more pull than me, because last time I sent out an open invitation like this, I hosted the irc channel myself, and not a single *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing person showed up.

I like ajax but not change.

Back