Buttons from DSlite and PSP
3DS Circle Pad
Superpad64 Controller Board
Rev6 N64
7.4V 2200mAH Batteries
Internal Smart Charger PCB
LED Fuel Gauge for Batteries

Here's the work log: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12341

That's pretty small for a N64, but why didn't you just get a PSP to emulate it?( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Antome said:
That's pretty small for a N64, but why didn't you just get a PSP to emulate it?( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
/troll

I like it. I always thought about making one in those netgear router cases :p

Followed this one pretty much from the start. Very nice, glad to see it finished. :)

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing looks sweet!

What do you get for playing time on those batteries?

I have a set about twice that size, but I may need to split it up to fit it in my case.

Also, I may steal this case idea if that's okay lol

I haven't tested it to much of an extent. Honestly, sadly, I haven't touched this since I made the video on it. Not to say I haven't played any N64 since finished this project, I've actually taken the time to play through DK64 100% and most of Banjo Tooie. It's just more convenient and comfortable to use a Hori Pad and a TV with a stock console. I'll do some tests for you. Although I'm only estimating about 1 hour of battery life.

So I let this idle in a pause menu from a full charge and I got a total of 1:51:40 of idle/play time. I did this in a 3rd party game (Rat Attack) because I figured that it wouldn't be coded as efficient as a 1st or 2nd party game. I'll have to try actually playing and see how much faster a more demanding game will drain the batteries. I think I'll try Banjo Tooie because I'm certian that game never goes above 23 frames per second so in theory its a power demanding title. I've read that 4 player multiplayer in Perfect Dark is supposed to draw the most power, but this is a single player portable.

In case anybody is wondering what batteries I used here's a link to them:

http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Li-Io...8&qid=1410398296&sr=8-1&keywords=7.4V+2200mAH

And I was convinced that this only got about an hour of battery life, lol.

Back