MadebyBacteria Forum Delete?

I use this forum and The Made By Bacteria forum and i recently went to look up an old post and discovered the forum was gone does anyone know what happened to it?

So now it's just ModRetro, its parent which hasn't allowed registration in a year, and its other spinoff that was born through butthurt, which is getting awfully dusty.

Wow, they are gone. When did that happen? Does that mean portables shown on Hackaday will be linked to here again? :D

I think MBB's been down for a week or more, and SSF was taken down like 2 hours ago.
Ben Heck has been having repeated Phpbb issues and its registration has been closed for a year, so after 5.5 years we can officially declare ModRetro as the last site standing. Neat.

Do any of you here happen to know of a backup to either the bacteria forum or the ben heck forum? From cross references on this site, it seems like a lot of good information was on those and I would love to have a chance to read them (even in part).

livdubs said:
Do any of you here happen to know of a backup to either the bacteria forum or the ben heck forum? From cross references on this site, it seems like a lot of good information was on those and I would love to have a chance to read them (even in part).

Benheck, i'm not sure.

MBB? Nope. The dickhead barely gave any warning he was deleting it so a lot of the guides and stuff are lost.

Yet nobody complained when I let steamdnt.com expire. Now when I let Laingsoft go unpaid I get a few hundred angry E-mails from various Indian guys.

RUUUUUUUUUUDE.

Also, you can't really say MR has much longer. One of these days Palmer is going to forget to pay the bills, and the host is going to drop it. I doubt anyone that has access has been doing backups.

I thought that Zero had that covered. And I don't think that will happen anytime soon, but if it does I got dibs on the domain (which is paid for through June).

You can use Google Cache to grab worklogs or whatever off of MBB for now. Just click the carrot by the link when you Google search the name of the thread you are looking for (if you don't know how to use it)

step2.jpg

Also,

Capture5.png

10967621_10205031487281225_479188715_o.jpg

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

https://www.google.com/#q=lotwrdb

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7322

Oh flax :lol: That's pretty harsh man. But then again some important points were made. Each to his/her own in ways of expressing themselves though.

It's a real shame most of the modding community is fading away. I am considering building a new forum if people are interested..... :rolleyes:

Guys, I understand there was some shaky history between Bac's site and ours, but I'd like to keep things civil in here. Feel free to agree or disagree with the action of him closing down the forums, but let's try to refrain from personal attacks.

I also want to extend an arm out and offer forgiveness to some of those who may still be banned here either as a result of old conflicts with MBB or otherwise. Just send me a PM from a new account (don't post on it) or have someone send me a PM for you and we'll review everyone on a case by case basis.

It's a shame that all that information was lost, but hopefully Bac either agrees to post a backup somewhere or at least open it long enough for people to make copies. The way I see it, that information belongs just as much if not more to the people who actually contributed to it.

If this should show anything, it's that we need to step up our game. There is plenty of building and research going on here, and I feel that with devices like the RBpi2 there are so many possibilities we have hardly touched. There's a lot of history on this forum, and it has a reputation for being the good guy out of all the forums. So why aren't we caring about its livelihood?

The stickies are in shambles and we have no central source for reference. I have dozens of bookmarks on this site that I had to find either by using a custom google search or just digging through the subforum pages. New posts with valuable information disappear into the site all the time. We really need a way for normal users to have unofficial stickies if it's not happening now. We also need a central location to store stickied information where it can be accessed from the top of the forum. Call me a complainer, but it's been bothering me for awhile and it's just getting worse. I really want to see this place stick it out.

SteamDNT said:
Yet nobody complained when I let steamdnt.com expire. Now when I let Laingsoft go unpaid I get a few hundred angry E-mails from various Indian guys.

RUUUUUUUUUUDE.

Also, you can't really say MR has much longer. One of these days Palmer is going to forget to pay the bills, and the host is going to drop it. I doubt anyone that has access has been doing backups.

We are paid up for the next several years on autorenew, and I have access to backups!

As far as a revamp, it is something I have wanted to do for a long time, but I am too busy with other projects at the moment to do anything about it.

Back