li-ion batteries

Mako321

I like purpale ponies
is it normal for lo-ion batteriess...to randomly burst into flames when moving the pcb around? 'cause I just did and now it won't give off any voltage :cry4: :cry4: :cry4: :cry4: :cry4: I spent 40 bucks on teh battery:( that's about all that happened. the flame was only there for a sec :gonk:

You can not, can not, can not, short Lithium batteries. Most likely it is fried.

But it also could be your pcb.

Unhook everything and test each cell separately with a volt meter to see if they are putting out the correct volts.

1. didn't short it, just moved without touching connections in any way, shape or form
2. I forgot about that :rofl:

yes, I epic double posted so people would notice this(are there rules in the forum at all?)
well, it's just the pcb that's dead. Is it easy to find replacements? and where would I get them? btw it's a 4 cell 4500mah battery @ 7.4v.

mako321 said:
yes, I epic double posted so people would notice this(are there rules in the forum at all?)
well, it's just the pcb that's dead. Is it easy to find replacements? and where would I get them? btw it's a 4 cell 4500mah battery @ 7.4v.
Charge it. The PCB generally just goes into lockdown mode until more juice is pumped into it. It happens to me a lot :rofl:

mako321 said:
my parents think I'm crazy for doing that :dah: gonna do it now
Really, I almost flax bricks the first time I did it. Like, "I WASTED FORTY DOLLARS ON THIS flax!?" Then SS was like, "Brah, just charge it and it will be fine." And I was like, "Teh awesome! I <3 you SS!"

if you say so... :dah:
edit
ZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMG IT WORKED! thanks you! I just saved 30 bucks :awesome: I'm...so...HAPPY! :cry4:

ok, so ive been looking at these forums for god knows how long and i finally made the effort to join it myself!

anyways id much rather take the risk of being called a noob, told to rtfm,
use the search function, ext... in order to keep my hands from having 2nd degree burns from my plans for a portable n64 :sweat:

when it comes to having a battery, can any protection circuit be matched to any li ion/ li poly battery as long as the voltages and amps between them are compatible?

my dilemma is this
:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...33483&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2661wt_1166
(portable dvd player battery, 4400 mah 7.2v-7.4v with a circuit already built in or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...84894&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1832wt_1166
camera battery, 7.2v-7.4v 6000mah but alone?

if i were to get the camera battery could i just use a protection circuit like the one shown above from batteryspace.com and a smartcharger?
and is the smart charger even necessary?

Camera batteries generally have protection circuits built in, but not always I think. Also, you don't really need a smart charger, but it's probably a good idea.

no kidding? wow i might just get the camera battery then. so then bare minimum a camera battery and the proper voltage charger. since christmas is coming up ill go that direction lol

the one I linked came with protection circuts inside :awesome: urm, megabite actually has a guide on that.(video)

Back