L/R triggers

ToastBucket

tost
There has been a decent amount of discussion on this in other threads, but I had some separate questions. I'm currently planning a GCp to start once I finish the Toasty64. However, I really want to have the analog portion of the LR triggers working. My plan right now is to use PSP triggers in the portable and do something like this:

FkeBO.png

The one problem with this is the movement of the PSP trigger will not be enough to fully push down the POT, even with the extra run provided by the spring. Is it possible to put some value of resistors on the output of the POT measure fully pressed when it is really only halfway pressed for example?

Toasty said he'd like to keep FULL functionality of the triggers though. In which case you'll need to find somewhere to buy a 10k linear potentiometer that matches the range you will have on your trigger(s).

No. I really doubt that will work. Those are mechanical switches mainly used for mechanical keyboards (like the Das Keyboard, which I'm typing on now :awesome:). They aren't actually pressure sensitive just have that "clicky" feel to them.

See how the range is not linear? You have to actuate the switch to get it to go all the way down.

Like I said, a bit of modification is needed, but it might be possible to use :p
Also, I <3 my Das Keyboard.

Hey, those gamecubes won't trim themselves either. I mean, for all I care, I could just glue the original slider to the switch and not give a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*. :p

Back