Kinda cheap 7"s

I just got one of these screens : It's kinda low resolution, but barely uses any power. I'm running it off 9v btw.

Sorry for not getting back here earlier, but I have a pinout of the board, and have ran it off 9v to 12v. There's a protection fuse inside the board, that I've not been able to overvolt yet.

Also, after a while, the screen backlights get brighter and brighter, until they blot out everything else.

Pics... Tommorow.

Ok, the screen ONLY takes composite, and I think the backlight thing is happening because I didn't ground the screen. I have a pinout I'll put up later.

Screen arrived today, it's really good imo (besides that they charged me 25€ for customs clearance :evil2: ).
The case it's the same, but the guts are different, so it's not the exactly same screen!
Btw pics....now!

Comparison of size (next to my slightly trimmed gc board)
DSC_0009.jpg

Next of gc controller
DSC_0008.jpg

Control board!
DSC_0010.jpg

And finally a pic of it in action (clickable thumbnail cause it's high resolution)

If i peel the screen protector it is brighter and it doesn't have the red c in the lower left corner obviously :)

It's way better than the psone screen cause it has an higher resolution, i'll see if this board can take rgb...but i'm not sure at all.
Has PAL/NTSC and 4::3:/16:9 switch that is also good.
I'll measure the ampere it draws soon and investigate on the pinout etc...
I'm still waiting for pics of your version of this screen :lol:

EDIT: Read the datasheet of the main chip and it has rgb inputs, i don't know if it's worth modding it tho, picture is already pretty good!
EDIT2: It uses 330mA on 12 volt.
EDIT3: And 510-520mA on 7.4 volt.

Back