Kinda cheap 7"s

kylerock96 said:
Yeah, but they don't have video input.
:facepalm: uhh, all screen have some kind of video input, that's what makes it a screen.

Also, I'm pretty sure thats what SS used that in his ZNWii.

I think what he means is no VGA input. Composite is good enough for consoles most of the time, but you won't be able to use it as a monitor.

kylerock96 said:
Dude, Im sorry that I didn't take notes or anything about the page, jeez.
Yeah but it's kinda a given that ToastBucket would know if a screen requires a video input or not, he's not thick or anything.

So I got this today. I approve. It has two video inputs, contrast, brightness, color, rotation, and audio controls (the descriptions says no audio input or output so I'll look into this) It also can be switched between 4::3: and 16:9. Resolution is good. N64 looks better on this (in 4::3: mode) than on the PSone screen imo. It looks a little bit stretched in 16:9 but it's not that bad. It's also quite small. I'll probably open it up later today or tomorrow. I'll post pics of it running, taken apart etc.

EDIT: WOW. The controller board for this is tiny. Here it is.
scaled.php

Sorry this one's a bit bad but you get the idea

scaled.php

Now here's the wow. There's a small daughter board for the tact switches on the bottom. There's also an empty connector on the bottom right of the board that might hold audio input and output. I've bought another one and I'll play around with it to try and do that, because built in audio controls is nice.

scaled.php

Wow, looks great! I might use this screen for my next portable - I assume it runs of 5v via regulator?

could you try this in a Gamecube ? i would like to know if it works, also, could you measure power consumption? thank you.

Wow, that looks amazing! I was planning on using a PS1 screen on a project I'm working on, but these look fantastic! Thanks for the find :D

EDIT: According to my measurements, this screen would take up one whole side of a ZN-40...

Unless, of course, I'm dumb and terribly wrong.

EDIT 2: I was being dumb and forgot that one would take the case off the screen...

Will use with a ZN-40.

No according to the description, but it has Audio control buttons, so I think there might be a way to input audio somewhere.

Back