Just because I can, Famicom Pictures.

Thursty

SS's Preferred Refreshment
So I recently acquired a Family Computer. $35, pretty Dang good deal, actually. :awesomethursty:
But that aside, I realized that this thing is TINY, I can literally hold it in one hand, all the way around.

As I expected, the mobo is incredibly small. Like 1/4 -1/3 the size of an American NES.

Here are a few pics I took, More later.

Closed!

Open!

Front of Board

RF box!

If anyone has any requests, leave them here! I will be taking more pictures soon, along with making a how-to guide to hook it up to an American TV.(It is actually different, lol)

You would need to add a lockout chip, though. It should be fairly trivial to do, considering it's only hooked up to a few cartridge pins IIRC.

Two words. AV Mod. Seriously, RF is crap. It does save an input though. My TV is connected to a switcher, which has all my consoles connected to it. I should probably get a component one too, for PS2, XBOX, and DVD player.

Thursty said:
I will be taking more pictures soon, along with making a how-to guide to hook it up to an American TV.(It is actually different, lol)

Wait, it is?

I was always under the impression you just had to use a different channel than 3 or 4...

Well I said it was different, I didn't say it was hard.

The Famicom RF switch will not work, you have to use an NES RF adapter.

Channel 95 is the default for ch. 1 setting on the Famicom.

Oh, I see. That's not too difficult -- I was expecting details on a mod of some kind, but that didn't seem right...

I want a Famicom. I have for years. D:

Back